Forbes Travel Guide (“FTG”) has unveiled its Verified List for 2019’s World’s Best Hotel Bars, naming Martini Bar at The Villas at AYANA Resort, BALI as one of only 45 to earn the accolade.
Spectacular as a sunset or after-dinner venue, Martini Bar serves perfectly shaken Martinis and fashionable cocktails. The superb menu of sublime drinks is served either in the contemporary glamour of an intimate club atmosphere or at the open-air terrace tables. Being Bali’s premier social gathering spot, this super-modern bar was designed by Tokyo-based designer Takeda with his company Koji Takeda and Associates. The award-winning venue offers 360-degree views of the Jimbaran Bay from every single vantage point. Martini Bar features tasteful club chairs, inviting guests to get cozy while enjoying a relaxed and sophisticated experience.
The award-winning venue offers 360-degree views of the Jimbaran Bay from every single vantage point. Martini Bar features tasteful club chairs, inviting guests to get cozy while enjoying a relaxed and sophisticated experience.
The Verified List for 2019’s World’s Best Hotel Bars recognizes 45 distinguished bars, across 13 countries. The full best-of list comes from detailed data gathered by FTG’s inspectors, who stay at the hotels anonymously and evaluate them on up to 900 standards for the guide’s annual Star Ratings, which were announced in February. The Verified List is not the same as a Forbes Travel Guide Star Rating; rather, the list represents hotel bars that performed exceptionally on standards related to the quality of their beverage program, presentation and luxurious service.
Each hotel bar was meticulously inspected and achieved an impeccable score using criteria such as:
Elements of luxury standards, which reflect sumptuous comfort, choices and conveniences, including a special level of attention to details such as:
- The beverage program showed creativity in the composition and presentation of the drinks, including unique offerings that were, in many cases, completely destination- or property-centric
- The bar committed to using the very best serviceware and showed evidence of careful selection to ensure it complemented the individual beverages on the menu
- The overall bar experience included exceptional snacks that enhanced the beverage menu and enticed guests to linger longer
Food and beverage quality standards, which play an important part in the guest experience. Bars must also demonstrate technical aptitude such as:
- The bar delivered beverages at correct temperatures, with complete balance of flavor for mixed drinks and attention to the garnishes used
- Listening to guests’ individual preferences – and fulfilling those requests is also an important service requirement
“We’ve seen hotel bars evolve enormously in our 60-plus years of operating Forbes Travel Guide, hence the focus of our fourth Verified List,” said Filip Boyen, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide. “Hotel bars are now destinations in their own right and have the ability to transform a hotel experience. We congratulate all of the bars on the list, which were vetted and verified based on the most rigorous standards. They not only scored highly, but also provided the most luxurious experience for hotel and local guests alike.”
The Verified List throws a spotlight on amazing hotel bars in China, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Morocco, the Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.