A choice of three afternoon teas is served daily between 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. in the luxuriant Gallery near its magnificently-carved fireplace or on the open-air terrace beside the old Castle entrance, where birdsong fills the air. Each tea includes selections from a wide variety of the world's finest teas or coffees and a tower of savory and sweet delights, with the option of adding Champagne or a Signature Cocktail such as the Decadent Chocolate Martini.
The Dromoland afternoon tea is named after Mrs. White, a kitchen maid who worked within the Castle for many decades, and carries on the tradition begun more than 100 years ago when the O'Brien family gathered in the Drawing Room to partake in this now-traditional experience.
Mrs. White's Afternoon Tea includes:
• Hot beverage that includes a selection of teas from around the world
• Freshly-made sandwiches
• Cream cakes, fruit tart and fresh pastries
• Dromoland traditional fruit cake
• Warm fruit scones with clotted cream and preserves
Champagne Afternoon Tea includes:
• All of the above accompanied by a glass of chilled Champagne
Light Afternoon Tea includes:
• Hot beverage
• Salad wrap
• Fruit scone with clotted cream and preserves
• Cream and fruit pastries
Taking tea in an historic castle only adds to its charm. And now with the new menu, there is even more at Dromoland to enchant the visitor.
There's nothing like the charm of Mrs. White's Afternoon Tea to create a perfect day.
Visit website: www.dromoland.ie