From a brand new L’Occitane spa, mindful “minimoons" and special wellness packages, these hotels are the perfect spots to kick off a healthy new year.
NIZUC Resort & Spa, Cancun (pictured)
As 2019 begins, people around the world are making resolutions to better themselves in the new year. With a “New Year, New You” mentality, NIZUC Resort & Spa, located in Cancun, offers a three-day “Be Mindful” wellness program to help travelers center the mind, body and soul while on the go.
- Day 1: NIZUC Thermal Experience, 80-minute Mindful Massage and freshly pressed juice
- Day 2: NIZUC Thermal Experience, 80-minute Mindful Facial and freshly pressed juice
- Day 3: NIZUC Thermal Experience, yoga class of 60-minute meditation and freshly pressed juice
As NIZUC is located on an ancient base station for Mayan astronomers, the program is influenced by their practice of observing their surroundings and the stars to calm both mind and body. Be Mindful combines a healthy balance of exercise, relaxation and healthy eating to help you stay true to your new year’s resolution. Wellness travelers will leave NIZUC feeling completely refreshed and energized, ready to take on the new year.
InterContinental Washington D.C. - The Wharf | Washington, D.C.
The Wellness Warrior package offered by the new L’Occitane Spa at the InterContinental Washington D.C. - The Wharf offers guests the opportunity to enmesh themselves within the wellness space while staying at this new waterfront destination in the nation's Capitol. The Wellness Warrior package elevates guests’ experience with an overnight BlueFlower essential oil diffuser and a selection of 6 oil blends to use throughout their stay. Each oil blend is customized and curated to meet guests' needs:
- Dream: Sleep inducer
- Mantra: Anti-anxiety
- Melt: Muscle ache relief
- Blossom: Immunity Boost
- Breathe: Congestion relief
- Sharp: Memory boost
The package also includes a one-hour massage at the new L’Occitane Spa which officially opened its doors in November 2018, and a complimentary yoga class at Washington D.C's. premier yoga facility, Yoga Factory. Guests can make the most of their stay with a guaranteed late check out at 1:00 p.m., so they will leave feeling completely refreshed and rejuvenated.
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club | Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
This January, the iconic beachfront resort in North Florida will debut the FIT3D program for guest looking to kick off their wellness journey for the new year. This full-body infrared scanning technology will motivate and inspire confidence in clients from initial assessment through ongoing measurement and analysis in order to track their progress throughout their journey. Guests can also relax and unwind at The Spa, the largest in North Florida (30,000 sq. ft.), offering hundreds of treatments including Cryotherapy, a full-service salon, restaurant and outdoor heated pool, the spa is the ideal place to unwind and relax.
Andronis Arcadia | Santorini, Greece
Andronis Arcadia is the newest addition to Andronis Exclusive — a group of five-star hotels, villas and honeymoon retreats on the idyllic island of Santorini. Named after the mythical home of the god Pan, Arcadia was a place of natural harmony and pastoral enchantment. This earthly Arcadia is located on the fringe of picturesque Oia, an easy stroll from the village centre, but far enough away to ensure peace and privacy, offering travelers an intimate wellness retreat on the island. The all-suite hotel offers guests the highest standards of comfort and elegant living space, in keeping with the Andronis Exclusive reputation for excellence and personal service. Every suite has its own pool, situated to capture the magical views towards the caldera and the island’s unforgettable sunsets. The new hotel will also debut a a relaxing spa encompassing Santorini’ spirit-enhancing energy, a revitalising force to calms the soul and revives the spirit, and a restaurant offering a twist on traditional Greek cuisine using fresh vegetables from the hotel's garden and locally sourced delicacies.
Gurney’s Resorts | Montauk, NY + Newport, RI
Continuing their commitment to wellness, Gurney’s Resorts has debuted “Wellness Retreats,” a brand new fitness-focused program each month, offering hotel guests the opportunity to stick to their routine with wellness top of mind at both of the coastal destinations: Newport and Montauk. Presenting a curated weekend in partnership with the experientially-driven wellness and travel design firm, The Wellth Collective, the Wellness Retreats will run monthly from November to April, and will feature a three-day scheduled itinerary including programming such as intention setting, mindfulness, ayurveda workshops and more. The retreats will also include group dinners with healthy dish options like Grilled Black Sea Bass with forbidden rice or Akaushi Wagyu with Provencal artichokes, for a quick meal on the go, Chef will be creating nutritional, wellness-inspired smoothies using Lifeway Kefir that aim to reduce anxiety and stress. Never miss a class you would have taken in the city, as Wellness Retreat guests can workout with the hottest names in fitness such as Hart Shift by Dara Hart, founding trainer of Dogpound, TruRetreat by TruFusion in Montauk and Kick It By Eliza, or Sculpt Society with Madelaine O’connel in Newport.
Price: Starting rates are: $425 NPT and $995 Montauk
L’Auberge de Sedona, A Destination Hotel | Sedona, Ariz.
Mindful Moon Meditation - L'Auberge de Sedona has unveiled a mystical, moonlit series that transforms the vitality released during each month's full moon into a holistic rejuvenation process for guests. The property will embrace the monthly lunar ritual with a guided journey of healing sessions offered on each night of a full moon. The monthly sessions will include:
- Earthing and Grounding Ritual - Guests will prepare to soak in the energy of the earth and the moon while discussing symbols and meanings for that month’s specific full moon theme
- Breathing and Meditation - A guided meditation will lead guests through a series of intentional breathing cycles in order to gather the awareness that matches the quality of the moon’s energy
- Sound Healing - Through gentle drums, overtone singing, nature sounds and frequencies from crystal bowls, guests will find an overall silence of the mind in order to fully embrace peace within
- Write and Reflect - Guest will complete and capture the full moon experience through a writing practice and fire ceremony, allowing them to list all they are grateful for as they enter a new, moon cycle with refreshed outlook and cleared mind
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota | Sarasota, FL
The Crystal Quartz Muscle Melt - The Spa & Salon at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota has everything to offer for those seeking a luxury wellness retreat, whether it’s indulging in signature services like the Sarasota Touch of Honey or relaxing in the spa’s whirlpools, this luxury spa is the place to find your inner serenity. This new year, guests are invited to experience the warm, soothing and restorative qualities of The Crystal Quartz Muscle Melt. This experience will take guests on a journey of tranquility that will relax their body and mind, rejuvenate their skin and rebalance their spirit - the perfect way to start the new year. It includes a poultice massage, gentle assisted stretching and a relaxing scalp massage.
Washington School House | Park City, Utah
Park City’s luxury twelve-room boutique hotel, Washington School House offers an idyllic winter getaway. New this winter, guests can enjoy Washington School House's new On-Demand Wellness Menu, created in partnership with a variety of local wellness studios to offer exclusive wellness and detoxing services to guests. Found in every room, the on-demand wellness menu includes –
- In-Room Massages: Enjoy 60-90 minute massages in your suite from Washington School House’s partners at Aura Spa
- Cryotherapy: 90-second Cryosauna sessions and Cryo Toning Facials available at the Cryo Lodge Park City
- Sensory Deprivation: 60-minute sensory deprivation floats available at Float Park City
- Yoga: Private sessions available on property, either in the property’s ski lounge or pool deck (water dependent)
- IV Therapy: On-site IV vitamin treatments to combat altitude sickness, hangovers and muscle depletion
- Pilates: Private sessions available with Washington School House’s partners at Studio Pilates Park City
Price: Varies. Winter rates starting at $700.