The newly elected International President Philippe Gombert (Châteaux de la Treyne) was also introduced. The prestigious association also welcomed 2014 Relais & Châteaux Grands Chefs Jason Franey (Canlis) and Justin Cogley, (L’Auberge Carmel) who join other members and legendary Grands Chefs Daniel Boulud, Mark Ladner, Thomas Keller, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Michael White and many others. The event ended on a high note as Grand Chef Daniel Boulud was honored for his impeccable attentive service and pursuit of excellence.
The newest members in North America inducted into Relais & Châteaux in 2014 include:
• The Weekapaug Inn has all the charm, peace and simplicity of a home with a warm family welcome in Rhode Island
• Camden Harbour Inn is a gracious New England Victorian inn perched on a hillside, inviting guests to explore the beautiful coastline of Maine
• Kensington Riverside Inn, a small hotel ideally situated along the picturesque Bow Riverside, offers a successful blend of sophistication and comfort in trendy Calgary, Canada
• Imanta Punta de Mita in Nayarit, Mexico is a window open wide onto the Pacific, with only 12 suites ensconced in 250 acres of lush oceanfront jungle, where guests can unwind at their own pace
• Eden Roc at Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic is a secluded sanctuary in a tropical Caribbean paradise
• Canlis in Seattle is located high above the city and adorned in glass boasts sweeping views of Lake Union and the Cascade Mountains where Grand Chef Jason Franey offers inventive and contemporary American, yet approachable cuisine
• Grand Chef Justin Cogley offers sophisticated modern California cuisine at L’Auberge Carmel in Carmel-by-the-Sea
Throughout the world Relais & Châteaux welcomes 36 new members, 8 new destinations (Croatia, Latvia, Dominican Republic, South Korea, Russia, Ecuador, Mauritius, Turkey), 8 additional cities (London, Seoul, Riga, Quito, Valparaiso, Seattle, Calgary, Johannesburg and Hangzhou), and 12 new Grands Chefs in 2014.
Grand Chef Daniel Boulud was presented with the “Welcome Trophy” for his commitment to offer a unique gourmet dining experience. The renowned Chef ensures that guests receive a warm welcome with a personal touch at his New York restaurant, Daniel, for an exceptional meal with lasting memories set in elegant and sophisticated surroundings.
Relais & Châteaux members in attendance were Grands Chefs Michael White (Marea), Daniel Humm (Eleven Madison Park), owner and Grand Chef Patrick O’Connell (The Inn at Little Washington), owner David Fink (L'Auberge Carmel), and guests including Al Roker, actress Elizabeth Olsen, Coralie Charriol Paul, and Gillian Miniter. Guests enjoyed delectable dishes prepared by Grands Chefs Daniel Boulud, Jason Franey, and Justin Cogley.
At the luncheon Relais & Châteaux also introduced “Taste of the Americas” an insider’s cultural view and an enchanting tour of properties all across North and South America. Relais & Châteaux hotels and restaurants offer a taste of a world in which attention to detail and the art of fine living are cultivated in beautiful settings to make lasting impressions and one-of-a-kind memorable experiences.
In 2014 Relais & Châteaux will celebrate its 60th anniversary with a series of fine dining events throughout the world beginning with the first annual GourmetFest - a four day foodie extravaganza featuring an exclusive roster of the finest Relais & Châteaux Chefs and wine estates set to take place March 27-30, 2014 in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Visit website: www.relaischateaux.com/en/
Photo credit: J Grassi/PatrickMcMullan.com