From an idyllic island resort to a quintessential Southern California retreat and natural splendor of Alaska and more, we’ve rounded up some of the most romantic properties for couples to celebrate Valentine’s Day, complete with special romance packages.
Acqualina Resort | Miami, Florida
“Love is in the Air” at Acqualina Spa by ESPA- Begin the romantic journey for two with a personal consultation with a professional ESPA therapist to customize and tailor the three-hour Royal Spa Suite Experience to your needs and desires. After two hours of tailored spa treatments, enjoy one hour of relaxation and a healthy spa lunch in the romantic and private Royal Spa Suite, featuring a private steam room made of mother-of-pearl, a rainforest shower for two, separate welcome lounge and bathroom area, furniture by Fendi, and a private wraparound balcony with exquisite views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Oil Nut Bay | Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
For travelers looking for a serene and exceptionally private vacation locale, Oil Nut Bay in Virgin Gorda is the perfect fit. The idyllic island resort is spread across 400 exquisite acres and entirely surrounded by the ocean—only accessible by boat or helicopter. Guests stay in private villas custom-built into the island’s topography, ranging from $550 to $9,550 per night. Private chef dinners are available in-villa and on the beach along with romantic picnic spreads in secluded locales around the property. A special Romantic Getaway package includes daily breakfast, champagne and canapes on arrival, 60-minute couples massage, candlelit 4-course private beach dinner, 1 champagne breakfast, romantic turndown service with locally sourced flower petals and guided snorkel tour to see sea turtles ($1,100 plus the price of accommodations).
San Ysidro Ranch | Santa Barbara, CA
John and Jacqueline Kennedy honeymooned at this beloved California property, which has been called one of the most romantic spots in the world (tip: guests can book the Kennedy Cottage where they stayed). San Ysidro Ranch is a private 500-acre oasis located 90 minutes from Los Angeles with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands. The property has just 41 intimate cottages and offers exceptional dining, a year-round heated swimming pool, in-room spa services, access to 17 miles of hiking trails, beautiful on-site gardens and more. Couples are able to work with the Guest Services team to create customized romantic itineraries to include a number of private experiences such as sunset sailing, private yoga and sound meditation sessions, horseback riding and curated wine tastings from the best wineries in California. The Romance at the Ranch rates for February start at $1,300 per night and include champagne and strawberries, a petal toss at turndown and all-inclusive dining.
Salmon Falls Resort | Ketchikan, Alaska
Salmon Falls Resort is situated at the southernmost entrance to Alaska’s iconic Inside Passage, located just 90 minutes from Seattle. The 51-room resort is best known for its majestic setting and world-class salmon fishing. The vast natural splendor in the midst of the Tongass National Forest on Revillagigedo Island lends itself to reconnecting over private adventures. The resort reopens for the 2021 season on May 1 so couples can book now for something to look forward to. The newly renovated Luxury Rooms are located in a secluded and quiet area of the resort with terrific views of the wildlife and water. Pricing for the luxury category rooms start at $650 and includes F&B. Adventurous couples will love the scenic Floatplane Fishing Adventure or Salmon Roe & Wine Pairing.
Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas | Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas is located within an exclusive 834-acre resort community set in rolling desert foothills that slope to 1.2 miles of pristine beachfront on the Pacific Ocean. Lush greenery and numerous water features, such as a lazy river and salt water lagoon, accentuate outdoor areas of the resort. Couples can book its Luxury Balinese Dinner, which costs $499 per couple, and takes place nightly at sunset. The romantic dinner includes waterfront views in a Balinese cabana and a gourmet candle-lit four-course meal accompanied by a special bottle of wine selected by the resident sommelier.
The Royal Suite at The Cadogan, A Belmond Hotel | London, UK
Primely positioned on sought-after Sloane Street, midway between Chelsea and Knightsbridge, The Cadogan, A Belmond Hotel, is a boutique bolthole with an illustrious past. Experience true romance, combined with dramatic history, with a stay in the noble Royal Suite. The suite is marked bedroom 118, the famed room where Irish poet and playwright Oscar Wilde held his London pied-à-terre and was eventually arrested on April 6th 1985, after losing a libel case against the Marquess of Queensbury. Nods to Oscar Wilde can be found throughout the hotel, from the design of the staff uniforms to the Swarovski crystal peacock with a white feather tail in the hotel lobby.
The Royal Suite: Today, the Royal Suite honours its heritage with an in-room library (books are curated to echo the hotel’s legacy) roaring fire and furnishings brushed with velvet, leather and tweed. Couples can soak away a day exploring the city in the grand marble bathroom, read by the fire or enjoy in-room dining by Adam Handling Chelsea, the hotel’s destination restaurant. High ceilings frame floor-to-ceiling windows, with views of the private Cadogan Place Gardens, to which guests have exclusive access as though real Chelsea residents.
Price: The Royal Suite at The Cadogan, A Belmond Hotel starts from £5,000 per night, including breakfast
Enjoy a 'Private Romantic Stargazing Experience' or 'Brunch for Two on a Yacht' at Grand Velas Los Cabos
Couples staying at the AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas can choose from two ultra-romantic experiences offered exclusively at the resort. First up is a Private Stargazing Package, where guests can identify the stars and constellations as they sip Moët & Chandon champagne and relax under the night sky. For lovers seeking an adventure, the resort also offers a Brunch at Sea Experience, where guests can cruise aboard our 55-foot Bella Yacht and enjoy premium spirits and a variety of ceviches, mini baguettes, and mixed nuts and capers. More information about the Private Stargazing Package can be found here and the Brunch at Sea Experience here.
$22K Experience Featuring Custom Italian Jewelry, Bath in Luscious Donkey Milk, & More Await Lovers at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese
What better way to say I love you then by booking an ultimate getaway with a floral-filled luxury suite, helicopter adventure to a private vineyard in the countryside, luscious donkey milk bath for two, custom Italian jewelry? Lovers can indulge each other with Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese’s ultra-special $22,000 Over-the-Top Valentine’s Day Experience. Other inclusions in the package are 5-night stay in Venus or Cupid Suite, inspired by the Roman Divinities and with amenities befitting the gods to boot, private tour of the Boncompagni Ludovisi family-owned Villa Aurora to admire Michelangelo sculptures and Caravaggio’s only ceiling fresco, and much more.
Treat Your Sweetie to the 'Sweet Romance Package' at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Walk hand-in-hand along a pristine beach with your special someone at the AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. Couples who book the Sweet Romance Package receive a private romantic dinner for 2 on the beach, a 50-minute romantic massage, romantic amenities such as strawberries and sparkling wine, aromatherapy upon arrival, and more. More information about the package can be found here.
A destination some may not think of as romantic but most definitely is, is Israel. Ideal for a honeymoon, anniversary trip or just a romantic getaway, Israel offers something for every type of traveler:
- Explore the Beauty of the Baháʼí Gardens: As one of the most distinct destinations in Haifa, the Baháʼí Gardens on Mount Carmel should be on every couple’s itinerary. The gardens are peaceful and serene, designed with 19 terraces on the side of the mountain, each filled with flowers, small trees, small sculptures, water fountains and pools.
- Take a sip out of Israel’s Wine Scene: Whether it’s on the sweeping hills of the Western Galilee or in the low-lying lands of the Negev, there are over 300 wineries, both large and small in Israel. Wine lovers won’t be hard-pressed to plan a day exploring some of the country’s most famous wineries.
- Bask in the Sunrise at the top of Masada National Park: Located in southern Israel’s Judean Desert, UNESCO World Heritage Site, Masada National Park is an ancient fortress positioned high on a massive plateau that overlooks the Dead Sea. Ideal for the active couple, they’ll not want to miss taking in the stunning views after a rewarding hike – not to mention, this is a perfect place for a proposal!
- Relax and take a Float in the Dead Sea: Known as the lowest place on Earth at 400m below sea level, the Dead Sea, with mineral-rich black mud and salt-infused waters, is a perfect place to float the day away.
- Star Gaze at Makhtesh Ramon (Ramon Crater): Check out the clear night sky at this remarkable geological feature in the Negev Desert, one of the best places in Israel...and the world for stargazing!
The Hollywood Roosevelt, Los Angeles
Gable & Lombard Penthouse – Sweetheart Experience at The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt is offering only ONE couple the chance to take their love to new heights on the top of the hotel’s famous rooftop. The ultimate Valentine’s Day escape includes:
- Accommodations in the Penthouse Suite, which includes your own private access to the 1500 square foot rooftop deck, lit by the famous Hollywood Roosevelt sign.
- After a three-course private rooftop dinner prepared by the hotel’s executive chef along with a personalized menu and bottle of Dom Perignon, the couple can head to their own private movie screening under the stars with a movie of their choice complete with intimate cozy seating and movie snack favorites to end the night.
- The next morning, the couple can enjoy breakfast in bed with mimosas.
- Additional surprise and delight treats include a dozen roses, a box of Laduree macarons, specialty Aesop bath products and Byredo candle.
The experience is $3,000/night plus tax. To book the Sweetheart Package, contact Juan Pineda email@example.com
Get away for the long weekend for a special “Love Lockdown” at this gorgeous LEED-built Forbes 4-star luxury boutique hotel in Jackson Hole. The hotel offers bespoke winter wonderland such as Snow Shoeing and Stargazing in the Grand Tetons, Snow Mobiling through Yellowstone, skiing, ice hiking and more, to cozying up by the fire in the romantic Sacajawea Library with a handcrafted cocktail. Package includes:
- Three nights in a King room or Suite, with fireplace, spa-inspired bathrooms with soaking tubs
- Daily breakfast in the hotel’s award-winning signature restaurant FIGS
- Luxury roundtrip transportation to/from Jackson Hole Airport & Hotel Jackson
- Bottle of Wyoming Whiskey and his & hers shot glasses
- Rooftop hot tub for two by reservation
- Full buyout of the 58-room & suite hotel beginning at $40k for those who really want their privacy.
Hotel Wailea, Maui
Escape to Hawaii’s only Relais & Châteaux and adults-only hotel, where the “Love is in the Air” experience beckons couples to take full advantage of the property’s open air surroundings, with oversized suites and lanais, romantic outdoor dining, open-air wellness amenities and intimate experiences for two. For a once-in-a-lifetime Instagrammable moment taking al fresco dining to new heights – couples can use their dining credit to celebrate their love in the ultra-private Treehouse, suspended over the Wailea coastline amongst mango trees, while a seven-course tasting menu with wine pairings is prepared right in front of them by Chef Krista Garcia.
The Love is in the Air experience includes:
- Three-nights in a Celebration Ocean View Suite
- Daily breakfast, welcome champagne and a tropical amenity
- $560 spa credit (perfect for two 80 minute lomi lomi massages in the open air of guests’ lanai)
- $500 dining credit (which can be applied to open-air dining in the Treehouse, Restaurant, Cabanas, or Room Service on the guests’ lanai)
Book here with rates starting at $1,399/night.
The Flamingo Resort, Santa Rosa, CA
The Flamingo Resort, a mid-century modern hotel set on a 10-acre campus in Santa Rosa, is inviting couples to book its “Dip & Dine with Your Valentine” Package. The package includes:
- Dreamy overnight accommodations
- La Crème Rosé Sparking Wine
- Delicious Sweet Treats for Two
- $50 dining credit from Wild Bird Restaurant (pick-up only, 12-8pm)
- Enjoy swimming in Flamingo’s heated pool
- Two entries to a relaxing yoga class (special candlelight yoga on February 13)
- Rosé sparkling wine
Book here; rates starting at $180 per night, based on double occupancy. Valid February 1 – 28, 2021
*$50 dining credit only applies to one meal for two from All-Day Dining menu.
Le Parc Suite Hotel, West Hollywood, CA
Grab your best gals (or just head out for some peace and quiet with your furry friend) to the heart of West Hollywood, where Le Parc Suites offers a Single AF Valentine’s Day experience, celebrating all the best things about self-love. Stay overnight in a suite and enjoy an array of self-care products made by women, for women, most locally sourced from around Los Angeles. In addition to an oversized suite, many with balconies and fireplaces, Galentine’s will be greeted with a welcome amenity of:
- INDEPENDENT Bitch candle from Evil Queen
- Joshua Tea Soap by Made by DWC
- Self-Love Bath Salts by Flame & Ash Co.
- Twist My Heart vibrator by Voodoo
- Cleansing Masks (different types/fragrances) by Tenth and Mae
- Jar of Cozy Body Butter by Drifter Organics
- Bottle of Champagne
Book Here, rates start at $239/night.