The inviting experience includes a variety of menu options and tea selections for adults and children in two sittings on weekends and from Wednesdays – Sundays during late November – December 31.
Now, in anticipation of spring, the French Room, the classically styled second floor tea room with views of fashionable Newbury Street, has been refreshed and expanded to offer a refined, relaxed ambiance that's just right to savor tea and convivial conversation for parties of up to 10. Sitting times have also been adjusted to better accommodate modern weekend schedules, with seating offered at 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays beginning April 1, 2012. New Friday service begins April 6, with seating at 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Menu standouts include the ever-popular lobster profiteroles and several coveted flavors of macarons. The Afternoon Tea offerings at Taj Boston include:
• Elegant tea sandwiches, including smoked salmon and American caviar, prosciutto and melon, cucumber and egg salad, and lobster profiteroles; tiered trays of delectable pastries, and a selection of 21 fine loose leaf white, green, oolong, black and herbal teas, including a special Taj Chai Blend that is exclusive to Taj Hotels; Champagne by the glass or bottle, aperitifs and signature cocktails are also available
• The Children's tea menu includes peanut butter and jelly tea sandwiches, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and pots of hot chocolate
• $35 per adult for sandwiches, pastries and tea; $27 per adult for pastries and tea; $16 for children ages 12 and under
• Effective April 1, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with sittings at 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
• Advance reservations are required; please call Dining Reservations, 617-598-5255
Hotel Profile, more photos: Taj Boston