The Villa Brown Jerusalem, the newest addition to the Brown Hotels group, is a 24-room boutique hotel property that redefines contemporary hospitality in the holy city of Jerusalem. Just a five minute walk to Jerusalem's Old City sites and situated in the heart of the bustling city center, the Villa Brown Jerusalem is officially open.
Known as the 'Grande Dame' of the Brown Hotels collection, the Villa Brown Jerusalem is exquisitely draped in jewel-toned fineries. The hotel's distinct aesthetic is a multilayered interpretation of the East-Meets-West social and cultural pinnacle of Jerusalem during the British Mandate period, merging Neoclassical, Ottoman and Eclectic-design-styles with contemporary interior influences, exemplified through velvety pigments of red, emerald and mauve that adorn the public and private spaces throughout the property.
The Villa Brown Jerusalem is housed within a one-time private villa from the 19th-century belonging to a famed doctor and general manager of Jerusalem's historic Rothschild Hospital. The original walls of exposed stone within the property date back to more than 100 years ago, and pay homage to the timeless signature architecture for which Jerusalem is known.
The Villa Brown Jerusalem's lobby, outdoor spaces, restaurant, underground bar, bedrooms and suites, and spa are furnished in deep and warm hues, soft textiles and fine, vintage accessories that portray the signature Brown Hotels aesthetic while reminiscent of the opulence of Jerusalem's 19th-century zeitgeist. Following a complete restoration by Jerusalem based architects, Galit Shifman Bar-Natan and Michal Cohen Magen, and the addition of two extra floors, the exquisite residence has been reimagined as the Villa Brown Jerusalem.
Amenities at the Villa Brown Jerusalem include:
• A Garden Bistro-Café serving an international interpretation of classic regional dishes
• Daily breakfast and brunch in a stunning open-air veranda
• High Tea sessions in the property's verdant garden at five o'clock and each night
• Subterranean "Cave Bar" located in the one-time cistern from the private residence serving season cocktails, Israeli and international wines and beers
• Rooftop spa and open-air Jacuzzi
• Rooftop Terrace and lounge overlooking the city
• Stylish and well-equipped meeting facilities
• The Brown Hotels' signature lobby library featuring a curated collection of design & lifestyle publications in multiple languages
The Villa Brown Jerusalem is located at 54 HaNeviim Street smack in the middle of the cosmopolitan heart of Jerusalem, an emerging destination that compliments its Holy City sites with trendy cafes, high-caliber museums and art galleries, restaurants, bars and the famed Mahane Yehuda food market, and which was listed amongst the "Best Places to Travel in 2017" by Conde Nast Traveler. The hotel itself neighbors the city's stunning Russian Compound and new Bezalel Academy of Design and Arts, while its rooftop offers a bird's eye view of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.
For more information about the Villa Brown Jerusalem and Brown Hotels, visit www.brownhotels.com.