To complement the new Spa is the meticulously planned Ocean Fitness, a spectacular 6,000-square-foot, indoor/outdoor $3.5 million facility with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, designed as one of the finest and most complete hotel fitness experiences of its kind (opened just over a year ago).
Both The Spa and Ocean Fitness were funded by The Breakers' annual investment of over $30 million in capital improvements, reflecting its owners' long term financial commitment to the continuous enhancement of the property.
The Spa – Highlights:
• Internationally renowned spa designer Sylvia Sepielli (the Spa Village Bath at Gainsborough Bath Spa – UK, and the Dolder Spa in Zurich) worked in tandem with Peacock + Lewis Architects and award-winning landscape architect Gregory Lombardi Design. The Spa's stunning, contemporary design and décor features modern clean lines, artisan elements and a soothing canvas of elegant shades of white.
• The curated menu of spa focuses on efficacy and the highest quality treatments derived from organic and natural products/ingredients:
o Tammy Fender – Palm Beach-based line of custom-blended 100% botanical formulations and holistic skin care for face and body
o OSEA – powerful marine-based formulations with pure essential oils
o ERBE – authentic, hand-crafted Italian skin and body care with custom formulas dating back to 16th-century Italy; The Spa at The Breakers is the first and only U.S. location to feature ERBE spa treatments
o An array of distinctive spa amenities include:
- Quartz Bed, a therapeutic heated sand-quartz bed for massages and Libra Vichy table for wet treatments
- Spa Suite private experience with steam shower, chromatherapy tub and private garden terrace
- A private, co-ed Courtyard extends the modern aesthetic of the Spa to the outdoors with white marble, tropical accents of large palms and greenery, and a central, soothing water feature. Enjoining the past with the future, this outdoor living space is a contemporary interpretation of the classic Medici concept of secluded areas for relaxing and congregating.
- Three (3) dedicated lounges artfully designed for women, men and co-ed use, respectively
- Premium spa retail featuring authentic Italian, local and hand-crafted products
- Each retail purchase packaged in a custom-designed FEED bag; proceeds of this bag donated to organizations fighting hunger nationally
o New salon area for nail and hair services
Ocean Fitness – Highlights:
• 4,300-square-feet of air-conditioned interior and a 1,700-square-foot oceanfront terrace for outdoor workouts (including cycling and yoga classes), and 10-foot-tall windows showcasing magnificent ocean vistas.
• The most advanced equipment available on the market:
o Functional workout and training systems that tailor workouts to the broad needs and goals of exercisers, such as Life Fitness' Synrgy360™, Technogym's Kinesis® One and Technogym's Artis Collection
o Varying levels of cardio equipment – high-tech treadmills, indoor cycling equipment, arc trainers, upright and recumbent bikes, lateral ellipticals and water rowers
o Multi-faceted strength training equipment such as Technogym's Press, High Pull and Leg Press; Star Trac's Max Rack®; and a mix of dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine and balance balls, and resistance bands
• Weekly rotation of classes that incorporate core strength and conditioning programs based on integrated physical exercise philosophy. Workouts combine elements from high-intensity interval training, weightlifting, plyometrics (aka jump training), powerlifting, gymnastics, calisthenics, kettlebells, and other exercises.
• Over 60 classes a week and personalized training led by skilled and caring team members. The staff of professional fitness instructors and personal trainers are attuned to the guest's individual needs and objectives, as well as the nuances of personal fitness on physical, mental and emotional levels.
• Fully-staffed and open 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. as a complimentary amenity to hotel guests 16 years and older.
• Teens 13 and older may participate in fitness classes, while family fitness classes are open to guests with children 12 and under.
• Note: an additional 24-hour fitness center is located in the main building of The Breakers.
Visit website: https://www.thebreakers.com