Some prefer to stay at home over the holidays and some choose to get away, and those in search of the perfect destination to gather at this holiday season can look no further than Mexico! With a vibrant culture, sun-filled warm-weather days, delicious cuisine, ample opportunities for adventure and lively celebrations, Mexico offers something for every type of traveler, at every age.
Whether jetting off with the kids, reconnecting with extended family or embarking on an intimate couples retreat this holiday season, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite properties in Mexico to spend the holidays, complete with great travel deals, extensive itineraries offering an array of seasonal celebrations, appearances from Santa Claus himself, dazzling toasts to the New Year, and much more.
Holiday Travel Deals
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal | Cabo San Lucas, MX (pictured, credit: Blake Marvin)
Nestled on Cabo San Lucas’ most coveted parcel of land sits the majestic Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal, known and loved for its unparalleled service and attention to detail, adventurous programming and amenities, world-class dining destinations, award-winning spa and breathtaking views. Following a holiday season unlike any other, the property is debuting an unforgettable holiday package aimed to reunite loved ones in an incredible destination. Package inclusions are as follows:
- $200 USD resort credit per stay per bedroom
- Full breakfast each morning in on-site signature dining destination Don Manuel’s (two breakfasts per bedroom)
- Round trip airport transfers to and from San Jose Del Cabo Airport (SJD) including a personal greeting by airport host and escort to private car (1 luxury vehicle for up to 5 people)
This offer is applicable to stays a minimum of 5 nights, must travel between December 19, 2021 and January 3, 2022, 50% deposit required at the time of booking, cannot be combined with other offers.
Rancho La Puerta | Tecate, MX
Set on over 4,000 private acres of gardens, mountains and meadows, Rancho La Puerta, the original “fitness resort” and spa offers guests a unique reawakening and spiritual mental escape through its over 80 fitness classes (TRX, yoga, pilates and more), advanced hiking trails, spa treatments, therapeutic sessions, cooking classes and sessions led by industry experts. This holiday season, Rancho La Puerta is inviting guests to enjoy the gift of self-care and togetherness by taking advantage of their Hibernate for the Holidays deal, which gives visitors two nights free when they book a 7 night stay, and 10% off of a shorter 3 or 4 night stay from December 11-18 and December 18-25.
Offers are subject to availability during dates of the special and no other promotions or discounts may be applied. This deal also excludes Villa Cielo rooms.
Holiday Programming (Christmas & New Year’s!)
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal | Cabo San Lucas, MX
No one does the festive season quite like Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal. Masters at creating special moments that will remain as forever memories, travelers can indulge in an array of festive fun this season. With something for everyone, the resort offers daily activities from kite-flying for the kids, to off-road adventures for the teens, to tasting some of the rarest agave-based spirits in the world at the brand new Agave Study at Peacock Alley for the adults. Spend time exploring the local terrain with snorkeling adventures, create mini-master chefs with hands-on cooking classes or rejuvenate the soul with beach meditation and yoga led by expert practitioners. Each day welcomes a new festive activity including but not limited to;
- Dec. 23: Kick off Christmas week and embrace authentic Mexican culinary experiences with cocktail tastings and cooking demonstrations
- Dec. 24: Let the expert resort team set the table for an extravagant and joyful dinner at the resort’s signature Don Manuel’s restaurant and dig in to holiday classics with a local twist
- Dec. 24: Christmas Eve family fun for everyone at the Beach Club with food, games and wishing on magic stars under the Mexican sky
- Dec. 25: Santa comes to Los Cabos, gifts in hand! Enjoy a decadent, deluxe Christmas lunch at Don Manuel’s where local specialties, action food stations and cocktail stations are the star of the show
- Dec. 25: Feast on a multi-course Christmas Dinner at Don Manuel’s and watch the waves roll in while indulging in culinary excellence
- Dec. 26: Dip the toes in the sand and spend the night under a star-lit sky with a traditional barbacoa, an authentic beach BBQ featuring regional smoking and cooking styles and specialty cuisine
- Dec. 27: Mexican Fiesta takes over the pool deck and regional music and rhythms fill the corridors of the resort with dancing and live performances
- Dec. 28: Family movie night under the stars
- Dec. 29: An international taste of Spain with a Spanish Night at Don Manuel’s where tapas and Flamenco dancers add extra spice to the festive extravaganza
- Dec. 30: Occupy the kids with magic shows, popcorn and dessert buffets during the Kids night out
- Dec. 31: Ring in the new year with an ultra-luxe NYE Gala with a multi-course dinner and wine pairings, or at over at the famed cliff-side El Farallon where the fresh seafood is bountiful and the champagne is endlessly-flowing
Conrad Punta de Mita | Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Spend the holidays at Conrad Punta de Mita and embark on lifelong memories along the two-mile sandy shores in the unrivaled region of Riviera Nayarit. Holiday travelers will have access to quaint surf towns and fishing villages, and a variety of on-property programs highlighting the best in cuisine, mixology and imagination. Guests looking to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with friends and family while experiencing unforgettable moments of surprise and delight can take advantage of the property’s festive offerings including:
- Merry & Bright Festive Package: Holiday travelers can enjoy 10% off room rates, $200 resort credit per stay per bedroom and luxury roundtrip airport transfers to and from Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) for up to five guests.
- Agave Dinner: Indulge in an intimate 5-course dinner crafted by Executive Chef Victor Palma. Inspired dishes are reflections of his grandfather’s home new Veracruz and his experiences in some of Mexico’s most memorable kitchens, while infusing his travels abroad. Mixologist and Agave Expert Ana Martinez hosts the journey of fine agave spirits selected from the surrounding library in the Agave Studio. Offered daily from Dec. 24-30. $220 per person.
- Evening S’mores: Gather around private fire pits and roast traditional s’mores with your loved ones. A basket of everything needed for the evening is made available, and cocktail service is provided a la carte. Offered daily from Dec. 24-30. $25 per person; minimum of two people.
- Nochebuena (Christmas Eve) Celebrations: The festive season begins with a traditional Huichol shamanic energy cleansing ceremony to celebrate and prepare for Christmas Eve on Dec. 24, followed by a traditional American Christmas dinner buffet.
- Christmas Day: Santa Claus is on his merry way to Mexico and will be stopping by Conrad Punta de Mita to share his jolly spirit and gifts with our younger guests. Join Santa and his elves at the beach for a photo, gingerbread cookies and Mexican Ponche.
- Christmas Dinner: Feast on a family-style Mexican Christmas dinner with a menu lovingly curated by our chefs, with family recipes and seasonal classics woven throughout.
- Mexican Kermesse: The Mexican Kermesse is a festival of games, fun, food and drinks. Join us on the beach on Dec. 27 for a carnival atmosphere that will include traditional Mexican street food, family-friendly games for all ages, music, dancing and delights.
Marquis Los Cabos | Baja California, Mexico
Situated right on the Sea of Cortés, the all-suite, all-inclusive Marquis Los Cabos offers a truly refreshing and luxurious launch into the new year: an over-the-top, four-day, five night New Year’s Eve package including two tickets to the property’s annual oceanfrontcelebration. Giving 2021 a proper send-off, the New Year’s Eve gala includes a four-course dinner, live DJ and band, red carpet, circus, dancing, pyrotechnics, a classic New Year countdown with a stunning display of fireworks, and more. Following the night of excitement, ring in January 1 the right way, with a party aid recovery station, yoga, relaxing beach walks, and even a Texas hold ‘em tournament. With this package, guests are certain to kick off 2022 in a most memorable way.
Pricing: Package begins at $802 USD per room, per night for double occupancy
Situated along the golden beaches of one of Los Cabos’ only swimmer-friendly beaches, the award-winning Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort is the ideal warm-weather escape this holiday season. Boasting 264 elegantly-appointed guest rooms with private balconies facing the Sea of Cortez, six world class dining outlets, multiple pools and Enclave Beach Club with cliffside cabanas, the resort offers an impressive list of activities fit for the whole family. For couples looking for a more intimate celebration, book one of the 14 private plunge pool suites, enjoy Mexico's only 7,000-square-foot eforea Spa and an adults-only infinity pool.
- NYE: Ring in 2022 at Hilton Los Cabos' new Enclave Beach Club - featuring a rum-centric bar, cliffeside bungalows and sunken fire pits with live music for a beautiful evening of dancing, champagne and fireworks under the stars.