With summer in full swing, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch – nestled in an exclusive enclave on Beaver Creek Mountain – invites travelers to escape to the mountains and immerse themselves in the Colorado lifestyle. Now that the snow has melted, guests can breathe in fresh mountain air and enjoy views of hundreds of wildflower varietals as they begin to bloom – including on Bachelor Gulch Express (Chair 16) in the resort’s backyard, which will be open for the first time during summer months on select dates.
From bespoke outdoor adventures such as the Early Bird Hike and Perfectly Paired Picnic, to culinary delights including a Summer Jazz Brunch, Poolside Mojito Bar, and much more, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch presents endless opportunities for every type of traveler.
First-Ever Summer Chairlift Views
For the first time ever, Bachelor Gulch Express (Chair 16) will be open during the summer season on select dates, offering guests the ultimate vantage point from which to take in the stunning scenery surrounding the resort. Exact dates and related celebrations will be announced later this summer.
- Summer Jazz Brunch – Gourmet Colorado cuisine is accompanied by live jazz entertainment for an elevated dining experience in the mountains. Brunch will be offered on Sundays from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. with live music from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. $40 per adult, $20 for children ages 12 and under. Endless mimosas and Bloody Marys are also available for adults ($15).
- Poolside Mojito Bar – Sunseekers can work on their summer glow with a refreshing, handcrafted mojito in hand at the resort’s outdoor pool. The delectable Poolside Mojito Bar will be available Thursdays through Sundays. For the perfect poolside pair, guests can head to Mountainside Terrace to savor flavorful barbecue specials at Daniel’s Bar and Grill, open seven days a week, while taking in picturesque views of Bachelor Gulch.
Art in Nature Classes
- Lager & Leatherworking – Guests can indulge in the spirit of the Wild West as they learn to stamp leather using a variety of lettering fonts and designs while enjoying a flight of Colorado microbrews. Create a key chain, luggage tag, or bookmark to commemorate the trip. Available for guests 21+.
- Whiskey & Woodburning – Create a one-of-a-kind souvenir by using a wood burning tool to etch a unique design into a wooden cheese board or coaster set, all while sipping on the perfect whiskey cocktail. Available for guests 21+.
- Gin & Jewelry – Participants can enjoy a delicious gin cocktail while crafting their own bracelet, necklace, or keychain as a gift to take back home. Available for guests 21+.
- Painting & Pinot – Inspired by the majestic surrounding Rockies, guests can spend the afternoon sipping wine and painting a rustic rendition of the gorgeous alpine scenery with step-by-step instructions. Available for guests 21+.
- Colors & Cocktails – Visitors can experience a delightful handcrafted beverage while decorating their own meditative mandala with an array of colors, taking with them a piece of art that forever connects the beauty and serenity of Bachelor Gulch to their hearts and minds. Mocktails available for guests under 21
- Private Art in Nature Classes – Groups small and large will love spending time together relaxing and getting crafty with one of the resort’s unique naturalist classes. Private activities may also be conducted at historical Anderson’s Cabin upon availability for an additional fee.
In addition to daily group hikes and naturalist activities, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch offers a variety of private outdoor adventures. Well-mannered pets are welcome to join the private nature programs at the pet-friendly resort.
Private Outdoor Experiences
- Signature Guided Hike – An expert naturalist will guide guests on a bespoke adventure, complemented by fascinating facts about the mountain plants and animals.
- Treasure Hunt Expedition – A family-friendly adventure filled with puzzles and clues that leads to the uncovering of a hidden treasure chest and ends with panning for real jewels and gemstones.
- Sunset Stroll – Watch the orange and purple sky fade to black and fill with countless stars as a dedicated guide brings Native American legends and scientific revelations to life.
- Early Bird Hike – Watching the sun rise over the mountain tops during a hike up Bachelor Gulch is a perfect way to energize the day.
- Family Geocache Experience – During this family-friendly global scavenger hunt, guests will take in the surrounding plants and wildlife while learning the basics of geocaching by means of GPS coordinates.
- Perfectly Paired Picnic – An exploratory adventure through wildflowers and Colorado Aspens leads guests to the secluded Anderson’s Cabin where they will take in breathtaking views of the Eagle River Valley as they enjoy a catered lunch including an appetizer, sandwich or salad, fresh fruit, dessert, sparkling water, and red or white wine, bubbly, or a Colorado microbrew.
Bachelor’s Lil’ Campout Package
From traditional fireside s’mores to in-room teepees, families won’t want to miss a chance to experience summer mountainside at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch. Bringing the novelty of a camping experience to the comfort of guests’ rooms, the ‘Bachelor’s Lil’ Campout Package’ includes a 5' x 5' in-room teepee complete with a Ritz-Carlton featherbed, plush Bachelor dog stuffed animal, children's book, and a ‘mountain-must-haves’ kit including a lantern, head lamp, and s’mores kit. $150 per night.
For more information on summer activities, rates, and package offerings, please visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/colorado/bachelor-gulch