Thomson Family Adventures, the leading tour operator in the United States dedicated exclusively to family travel, has announced a brand-new itinerary for 2019: Iceland Family Adventure. International arrivals to Iceland exceeded 2 million visitors for the first time in 2017 as this adventure-rich destination becomes an increasingly popular 'bucket-list' destination. Thomson Family Adventures is poised to bring families to this "hot" destination in 2019 with a nine-day itinerary that traverses the island of fire and ice.
Recommended for ages eight and up, this itinerary is jam-packed with educational stops, including beautiful glaciers, waterfalls and geothermal fields scattered across Iceland's diverse environment. Highlights of the trip include:
- A visit to the famous Blue Lagoon, a geothermal sea rich with minerals that is surrounded by a breathtaking volcanic landscape
- Swimming in the Atlantic at Álftanes with a glimpse of the Icelandic President's official residence
- A visit to the Strokkur, a geyser that erupts every six to ten minutes, shooting as high as 100 feet
- An exhilarating snowmobile ride through a winter wonderland of glaciers
- A walk through the Þjórsársalur Valley, exploring Gjáin, a tiny valley with picturesque waterfalls and ponds that is straight out of a fairytale
- A tour through Þingvellir National Park to learn about the oldest parliament in the world
- An excursion through the Hraunfossar Falls and Iceland's longest lava cave
- A boat tour through the dream world of Breiðafjörður fjord
- A final day in Reykjavik, including a farewell dinner
The new Thomson Family Adventures itinerary to Iceland is available for booking now for travel in summer 2019; prices for the eight-night itinerary start from $7,490 per adult and $7,290 per child.
To learn more about Thomson Family Adventures' Iceland Family Adventure, please visit:
To learn more about Thomson Family Adventures, please visit: https://familyadventures.com/