This season, luxury hotels are transforming their penthouse suites into ultimate New Year’s Eve party pads, featuring over-the-top amenities and mind-blowing fireworks views. From a James Bond-themed experience (Aston Martin included!) and views overlooking the Mediterranean Sea at Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo to the iconic “Hangover 2 Suite” with first-row seats to Bangkok’s fireworks, additional celebratory highlights include:
- Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo: Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo’s Suite Carré d’Or penthouse offers more than just unmatched views of the Casino de Monte-Carlo, its gardens and the Mediterranean Sea from the expansive outdoor terrace (the ideal location for popping off a bottle of champagne to ring in 2019). It’s also a 1,600 square foot oasis complete with a spacious living room, master bedroom with walk-in closet and luxurious marble and gold bathroom. Additional penthouse perks designed to help guests ring in the new year like an A-lister include access to hotel helicopter transfers, personalized bathrobes, an in-room pillow menu and more.
- W South Beach: W South Beach’s 2,200 sq. ft. E-WOW Penthouse Suite comes with a private rooftop deck complete with plunge pool, lounge seating and alfresco bar with unobstructed ocean views, allowing guests to catch front-row seats to Miami Beach’s iconic NYE waterfront fireworks show from the comfort of their own suite.
- Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas: Ring in 2019 from the exclusive penthouse suite at the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas Hotel & Residences, where the 270-degree panoramic view offers a front-row seat to the extraordinary show of fireworks that are lit atop each hotel. Situated at the apex of the hotel, the floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the 1,650-square-foot suite allows guests unparalleled views of the Strip as Sin City celebrates into the early hours of the New Year.
- The Jefferson Hotel: Travelers booking the Thomas Jefferson Suite at DC’s intimate gem The Jefferson will take in sweeping views of the nation’s capital and the Washington Monument. Guests can view the city’s fireworks from within the comfort of their Washingtonian/European-designed respite or from one of the suite’s five Juliet balconies.
- Hilton Rio de Janerio Copacabana: On New Year’s Eve, guests at Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana can count down to midnight on the hotel’s rooftop pool deck. After a specially prepared meal by Executive Chef Pablo Ferreyra, guests will dance the night away on the deck with 360-degree views of Copacabana Beach, Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain. Tickets to the dinner and party are sold separately at $350 and $485, respectively.
- Bangkok, Thailand: Ring in 2019 with a magnificent fireworks display and toast at Flute, the world’s tallest champagne bar soaring 820 feet above Bangkok at The Dome at lebua before ending the celebrations in the lavish Hangover Suite, where the star-studded crew stayed during filming of the Hangover II. This penthouse suite is equipped with four private balconies, three bedrooms and a complimentary stocked mini fridge, welcome fruit platter and special Hangovertinis from Skybar.
- The Fairlane Hotel: The 4,000 square foot penthouse at The Fairlane, Nashville’s hottest luxury hotel, is designed to resemble an upscale 1970s crash pad, complete with a suspended communal fireplace with cozy surround ottomans, retro central sofas and a wraparound exterior terrace boasting unobstructed New Year’s Eve views of downtown Nashville, the Batman Building and Nissan Stadium.
- Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa: Boasting unobstructed views of the New Year’s Eve fireworks show, guests staying in the oceanfront three-bedroom penthouses at the Jamaica-based Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa can welcome 2019 island style. Featuring a full-service kitchen complete with 24-butler service and over 2,500 square-feet of lavish accommodations, guests can opt to ring in the new year in-room or toast to 2019 at one of the resort’s internationally-inspired dining options.
- The Surfjack: Renowned for its live music and having “the most Instagrammable pool” in Hawaii, travelers ringing in the New Year in Honolulu can take advantage of The Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club’s epic penthouse suite, featuring a sprawling lanai (perfect for pre-parties) overlooking Waikiki’s cityscape. After a rowdy night, guests can refuel with a poolside brunch at acclaimed Hawaiian chef Ed Kenney’s Mahina & Sun’s and re-caffeinate with freshly brewed bevs from boutique coffee bar Olive & Oliver.