With summer officially underway and luxury travelers eager to escape as many COVID-19-related restrictions are lifted, global private aviation leader Air Partner is reporting an uptick in inquiries for new flights and an increase in demand for travel to secluded Caribbean islands and outdoor-oriented U.S. destinations. Based on these new booking patterns, the company is offering insight into some of the summer travel destinations that will attract luxury travelers.
From vacationing in an individually appointed oceanfront cottage on a private island in the Bahamas to a luxury golf resort in the Cape Cod region of Massachusetts, luxury travelers are increasingly turning to charter as an alternative, safer way to fly this summer – and beyond. With access to routes instantly as they open up, as well as smaller airports that commercial flights can’t reach, Air Partner can take clients nearly anywhere they want to go, including the below destinations that are now available for travel:
- The Islands of the Bahamas
- The Bahamas archipelago is an ecological oasis sprinkled over 100,000 square miles of ocean, starting just 50 miles off the coast of Florida. For jetsetters whose idea of paradise is a private villa on a private island, they can look no further than the idyllic Kamalame Cay, located off the coast of Andros Island, or the remarkably secluded Fowl Cay, located among the beautiful Exumas Islands.
- San José del Cabo, Mexico
- Nestling a long stretch of white sandy shoreline on the edge of the Sea of Cortés, the relaxed community of San José del Cabo, Los Cabos offers an abundance of traditional Mexican charm and hospitality. Recognized for its hygiene and sanitary measures by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) with the "Safe Travels" stamp of approval, this elegant colonial town is full of charming buildings, art, wildlife, and luxury seaside accommodations.
- St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Though St. John is one of the smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, it has been referred to as the “Beverly Hills of the Caribbean” due to its modern luxuries and unspoiled beauty. Renowned for its crystal sands and thriving coral reefs, St. John makes for an adventure-filled tropical vacation.
- Lake Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- In the midst of a beautiful mountain setting, Lake Coeur d’Alene is the second largest lake in Northern Idaho and known as the playground of the Pacific Northwest. This breathtaking lake boasts around 135 miles of shoreline that is dotted with beaches, parks, hiking trails, and more.
- Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard & Nantucket, Massachusetts
- This picturesque area is home to 27,000 acres of jaw-dropping beaches, dramatic cliffs, and dreamy small towns. Nantucket is a secluded island lined with high-end restaurants and boutiques. A haven for beachgoers, foodies, and golf aficionados, Martha’s Vineyard sits just south of the gorgeous Cape Cod peninsula, offering fresh sea air, beautiful beaches, walking, and biking trails and glorious gardens.
In response to COVID-19, Air Partner has put additional safety measures in place on all of its flights with the support of its dedicated Safety & Security division and Redline Assured Security, which is responsible for advising airports, airlines, and critical national infrastructure properties around the world on risk management. All cabin surfaces are disinfected prior to every flight, and in addition, Air Partner is providing temperature checks at each airport prior to boarding, and ensuring social distancing is followed by all flight crew.
To help travelers plan ahead with peace of mind during these uncertain times, Air Partner’s JetCard membership program includes a flexible cancellation policy, which allows those flying within the company’s continental U.S. service area to change their destination, or cancel the trip entirely, up to 24 hours before the flight without incurring any cancellation fees. JetCard members also enjoy guaranteed availability of aircraft with a 12 hours’ notice, offering unprecedented flexibility in the private jet space.