While the Turks and Caicos Islands are renowned for their world-famous beaches and five-star resorts, the destination also offers endless opportunities for adventure and exploration that meet every traveler’s desires. On behalf of the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board, we’ve rounded up some of the top excursions that each type of traveler can enjoy on their next trip.
- For the Adrenaline Junkie: Balance out all the relaxation with some thrill-seeking activities like an ATV tour, which is the perfect way to explore the various terrain and beaches. Or spend a day Kiteboarding, which has become one of the most popular watersports in Turks and Caicos, with many small businesses like TCI Kiteboarding and Kite Provo that offer both lessons and rentals. Other water activities include wakeboarding, tubing, sub-winging, and cliff jumping, as well as jet skis and paddle board rentals.
- For the Nature Lover: For the nature lover, you’ve come to the right place to explore some of the best marine life in the world. Enjoy snorkeling or scuba diving off the islands with vendors like Dive Provo and Big Blue Collective to get an up-close look at fantastic coral and sea life. On land, nature lovers can check out Little Water Cay, which is locally known as ‘Iguana Island’ and home to some of the remaining Rock Iguanas that once covered most of the islands, or explore the Conch Bar Caves of Middle Caicos, the largest dry cave system in the Bahamas-Turks and Caicos Island chain and a Turks and Caicos national park.
- For the History Buff: The Turks and Caicos Islands are home to centuries of deep-rooted history waited to be discovered. History buffs can spend the day at the Turks and Caicos National Museum which was established after the discovery of the Molasses Reef Wreck, the oldest found European shipwreck in the Americas. Another authentic experience includes Wade’s Green Plantation, which was originally established in 1798 to grow cotton and is regarded as one of the finest examples of colonial plantation buildings in existence.
- For the Foodie: From fine dining to authentic beachfront restaurants, the options for food lovers are never-ending. Coco Bistro offers a fresh, fine dining experience amidst the largest palm grove on Grace Bay. For the island’s famous conch, make your way over to the beachfront restaurant, Da Conch Shack, and enjoy fresh seafood, ribs, chicken, and steak with an island flare. The Thursday night Island Fish Fry is the most sought-after weekly event on the Islands and includes local restaurants from all corners of the Island, a new live band each week, and cultural acts and performances throughout the evening.
- For the Wellness Enthusiast: Travelers seeking to rest and rejuvenate can enjoy a day (or the full trip!) doing just that. World-class spas on the islands, include Anani Spa at Grace Bay Club, The Spa at The Palms, and Aman Spa at Amanyara Resort, which offers three individually tailored immersion programs including Mindfulness & Stress Management, Detox & Cleansing, and Weight Management & Transformation. The spa includes four treatment rooms, a relaxation pavilion, an outdoor Yoga Sala, and a pool.
More information: https://turksandcaicostourism.com/
Image credit: Aman Spa at Amanyara Resort