While the beach may be calling travelers to the coast for the summer, a desert escape has its perks. Here’s how to beat the crowds and turn up the (desert) heat with an escape to Scottsdale’s Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, A Gurney’s Resort & Spa:
- Snag 15% off the best available rate with the new Hot Dates, Cool Rates offer for stays booked and traveled between May 12 and September 1, 2022. Request a Spa Suite and get dibs on a private outdoor tub for two – the perfect way to soak up the stars on cooler summer nights.
- Pools are in abundance at Sanctuary, from its signature infinity-edged oasis dotted with cabanas (available for rent) with mountain-meets-skyline views, to two satellite pools for family travelers. On Saturdays and Sundays, the infinity pool hosts Paddle Board Yoga classes at 7 a.m. for those looking to elevate their yoga experience. Classes can be reserved for $55 per person.
- Refresh the body and soul with invigorating services from Sanctuary Spa, one of the top wellness destinations in the country. Let the healing and anti-aging powers of precious minerals hydrate and stimulate the skin with the Masami Facial. The indulgent service promotes anti-aging and anti-inflammatory benefits. Or indulge in the Signature Coconut Sumatra Body Ritual – a full-body experience utilizing pink Himalayan salt to invigorate the senses, and silky smooth pure organic coconut oil for hydration and to enhance that summer glow.
- Cool off at jade bar during Happy Hour with refreshing drink specials every Sunday-Thursday from 5-10 p.m. Try The Mekong, featuring gin, lemongrass, coconut, carrot kaffir lime, ginger & citrus, or the Flight Of A Honeybee, including Jamaican rum, pomegranate, punt e mes and egg white.
- Sundays in Paradise: Gather in jade bar or on the Paradise Views Patio for live music every Sunday from 12-4 p.m. Enjoy stunning views, Sunday afternoon cocktails and ½ priced bottles of wine.
- End the weekend right with a savory Brunch at elements presented by Chef de Cuisine Samantha Sanz. Served Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., elements brunch selections include seasonal dishes inspired by local, organic produce and sustainable seafood. The B.e.c.a is a must try: English muffin, smoked jalapeno bacon, tillamook cheddar, avocado, fried local egg, arugula, sriracha mayo and breakfast potatoes.
More information: Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, A Gurney’s Resort & Spa