Ranked among the “Top 10 Resort Towns in the U.S.,” Newport Beach is also distinguished as one of the country’s “Top 10 Best Family Beaches.” A mild climate and picturesque backdrop minutes away from the newly expanded Orange County / John Wayne Airport (SNA) offer year-round appeal for its 10 distinct neighborhoods – including Balboa Village, Balboa Island, Balboa Peninsula, John Wayne Airport, Back Bay, Cannery/Lido Marina Village, Fashion Island, Newport Coast/Crystal Cove, Corona del Mar and Mariner’s Mile/Westcliff.
Here is a quick snapshot of the array of activities and adventures that Newport Beach has to offer, including:
- Shopping: Sophisticated Style and Coastal Cool – The world-class coastal resort city has emerged as the West Coast’s new shopping capital, offering a one-of-a-kind mix of top designer names, emerging fashion talents, charming village boutiques and artisan gift stores that exude style synonymous with SoCal-chic. From the premier outdoor shopping destination of Fashion Island, complete with a blend of designer, speciality boutiques, dining and complimentary personal shoppers, to high-end consignment boutique shops in Corona del Mar, to the exclusive artisan boutiques of Lido Marina Villageand those lining Marina Avenue in Balboa Island, the destination boasts seven one-of-a-kind shopping neighborhoods all in a magnificent seaside setting.
- Dining: Riding the Crest of the Next Culinary Wave – The perfect set is rolling in… but surfers aren’t the ones at the ready. This culinary wave is cresting, and fine dining aficionados are enjoying the resurgence. Acclaimed chefs are adding a coastal twist onto their carefully planned menus featuring piquant dishes bursting with flavors. Relax and enjoy a fresh approach to coastal California cuisine on the outdoor patio of The Beachcomber, complete with breathtaking views of the water and frequent dolphin sightings; or savor the flavors of Northern Italy with fresh handmade daily pasta served with immense Pacific views at Andrea. With the arrival of new themes, celebrated chefs and hip hot spots, each neighborhood offers its own appeal to please every palate.
- Summer Travel: Visitors can create an over-the-top summer itinerary that exemplifies the destination’s overarching board shorts to ball gowns concept. From sunset cruises to surf lessons, wine tastings and harbor-front promenades to boutique and high-end designer retail and epicurean adventures throughout, Newport Beach offers more things to do and more ways for guests to indulge in upscale luxuries and simple pleasures. With some of the most beautiful ecological landscapes and marine habitats to explore on the West Coast, the destination offers an array of sea and land activities for everyone to enjoy. Home to the largest recreational harbor on the West Coast, travelers can choose to sail, power boat or cruise on an electric Duffy boat, or take on the open waters themselves with kayaking, pedal boating, paddleboarding and surfing. For those looking to explore on land, Crystal Cove State Park and El Moro Canyon offer trails of all levels for mountain bikers and hikers in a setting of unspoiled coastal hills and canyons.
- Events for All— Newport Beach's moderate year-round temperatures and endless array of indoor and outdoor activities provide a complete calendar of events throughout the year, with some of the biggest being:
- Newport Beach Film Festival– Recently noted as the fastest growing film festival in the nation — some are calling it the Cannes of California, the festival features 350 motion picture screenings and nightly galas attended by over 50,000 fans (April 20-27, 2017).
- Hyatt Regency Summer Concert Series– Kicking off in June, every Fridaynight experience world-class music, fine wine and dining at the intimate Back Bay Amphitheater of the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, including live performances from Kenny Loggins, Smokey Robinson, The Bacon Brothers and more.
- Lido House Opening– Opening Spring 2018, Lido House is a sophisticated celebration of the best of Newport Beach and will play an instrumental role in the renaissance of Newport Beach’s rich history.
- Christmas Boat Parade— Every December, one million people nestle into Newport Beach during the 5-days of the Christmas Boat Parade to check out this amazing array of lights, moving displays, and to see what Santa could possibly be doing aboard a yacht, Duffy boat, or kayak.
Visit website: www.visitnewportbeach.com