Cape Cod – not just a summer destination! This month, Chatham Bars Inn, the beloved Cape Cod escape since 1914, launches exciting winter programming that will help travelers reset, learn new skills and relish in the best that Cape Cod has to offer. From calligraphy and astronomy classes to an art series and mixology classes all led by leaders in their fields, guests will leave their winter vacation at Chatham Bars Inn enriched and armed with new skills.
A Spirited Winter at Chatham Bars Inn
• Mixology Classes: Master Mixologist Adam Couto will lead interactive mixology classes at Chatham Bars Inn’s Chef’s Table on Fridays from 6pm to 7:30 pm. from January 6 to March 23. Guests are greeted with a welcome cocktail and create their own cocktails, preparing ingredients and garnishes, walking away with recipes for everything made during the class. Class size is limited to 15 to provide personalized attention to all attendees. Each week’s class has a particular focus including Gin, Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey and Liqueurs as well as Bitters & Shrubs, Garnish Wars and more. There are even specialty classes highlighting spirits for Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day. Mixology classes are open to the public as well as guests of the Inn, tickets are $81.25 per person per class.
• Wine Tastings: Led by Chatham Bars Inn’s sommelier or wine manager in either the wine cellar or Chef’s Table, the perfect winter evening begins with an in-depth discussion of the world of wine, followed by a wine tasting of four different wines accompanied by snacks themed to the evening. Weekly topics include wines from different regions such as Spain and Portugal, Argentina and Chile, Italy, France’s Bordeaux and Loire Valley and more as well as California Wines and The World of Sparkling Wines. Wine tastings are available for up to 20 people on most Thursdays between January 5 to 30. Wine Tastings are open to the public as well as guests of the Inn, tickets are $70 per person per class.
A Tasteful Cape Cod Escape – Culinary Happenings at Chatham Bars Inn
• Chatham Bars Inn Cooking School: From January 4 to March 29, the award-winning Chatham Bars Inn culinary team will lead 90-minute uniquely curated culinary experiences with highly interactive and entertaining classes. Classes take place on Wednesdays from 6pm to 7:30 pm, and include instruction, tastings and a fully prepared family-style meal based on the class topic, which changes weekly such as farm-to-table, pasta, tacos, home butchery and more. Themed classes will accompany key events such as Mardi Gras, The Superbowl, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day and Easter. Cooking Classes are open to the public as well as guests of the Inn, tickets are $75 per person.
• Afternoon Tea: Held in the cozy South Lounge amid the historic hotel, Chatham Bars Inn’s afternoon tea is a refined yet relaxed tradition – a perfect winter activity to share with family or friends. Experience classic tea service with a curated selection of teas including signature teas, green and oolong teas, black teas and herbal teas accompanied by a selection of savory sandwiches, scones, tea pastries and more. Afternoon Tea is open to the public as well as guests of the Inn, tickets are $65 per person.
Learn New Skills at Chatham Bars Inn – Painting, Calligraphy, iPhone Photography Classes & more
• Astronomy: Join astronomer Michael Bentz to learn about Cape Cod constellations while using a high-power telescope to observe the night sky. Held in the beautiful Boat House, this class combines Michael’s expertise shared indoors followed by outdoor stargazing accompanied by coffee, tea and assorted desserts. Astronomy classes will be held Fridays from 7pm – 8:30pm. Open to the public, each class is $50 per person.
• Cape Wildlife Nature Series: Join Chatham Bars Inn for a fascinating Nature Series focused on connections of Cape wildlife led by Phil Kyle, a local master naturalist. Hosted weekly from January 21 to February 25 with rotating themes such as Tidal Treasures and Why Do Birds Sing? Behind This Mood Changer, this series will be held in the beautiful ocean view Boat House for a sense of place. Open to the public, each session is $50 per person and includes tea sandwiches, coffee and tea.
• Sumi E Calligraphy: Concentrate mind and spirit in the process of painting, let the brush and ink do the work to achieve beauty in simple strokes. Students practice the basic fluid brushstrokes of the classic subjects of bamboo, orchid and plum. Then exploring animals, landscape and nature. All levels are welcome. Each attendee will be provided with everything needed to complete their painting while sipping Prosecco and enjoying Chatham Bars Inn's finest crudité, cheese and charcuterie. Sumi E Calligraphy will be held Fridays from 4pm – 5:30pm. Open to the public, each class is $75 per person which includes all materials.
• iPhone Photography Class: Improve your photography skills during a series of interactive iPhone Photography Classes: “How To Take The Best Pictures Of Your Life With The World’s Most Popular Camera” led by Jack Hollingsworth, award-winning commercial photographer and global iPhone class instructor. Held in the beautiful ocean view Boat House, each class will have a designated topic and will feature one hour of classroom instruction followed by an hour of “field shooting” around the Inn’s property. The classes will be held on Saturdays from March 4 to March 25, and will be open to the public. Each class is $75 per person and also includes tea sandwiches, coffee and tea.
• Winter Art Series: Showcasing local Cape Cod artists and galleries as well as artists from the Greater Boston area, the Winter Art Series will be hosted in the South Lounge from January 21 to March 25 and will feature a wide array of arts from landscapes, photography and pottery. The Winter Art Series is complete with a cozy fireplace and complimentary prosecco and cheese.
• Floral Design & Jewelry Making Classes: Led by Chatham Bars Inn’s Fine Gardener Pam Vasques, famed for her colorful work with the resort grounds and its vibrant hydrangeas, guests can bring out their creative side with rotating themes such as Flower Silks, Floral Arranging and Spring Silk Wreath Decorating. Jewelry making will be led by Chatham resident and Glass Artist Vangie Collins, showcasing a demonstration of her glass bead making technique called “lampwork,” followed by the hands-on activity to create your own earrings or pendant with her handmade beads. Both floral and jewelry making classes are $75 per person and are held on Thursdays from January 19 to March 23.
Cape Escape to the Spa – Chatham Bars Inn Wellness Destination
From January through March, Chatham Bars Inn will be a haven of wellness for guests wishing to reset and recharge.
• Fitness at Chatham Bars Inn: Complimentary fitness and yoga classes are offered every week for guests of the Inn including Total Body Workout, Meditation, Gentle Flow Yoga and Sweat by the Sea/Power Yoga. Individual and group fitness classes are also available.
• Winter at the Spa: Indulge in a selection of new Winter Seasonal Sensation treatments including the Vibrant Glow Facial, Pure Serenity Massage and Ultimate Radiance Body Scrub and Facial Treatment.