Ecological Fitness Retreat: The W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island
(pictured) is intimately located just eight miles off the coast of Puerto Rico on Vieques Island. The resort just launched an exclusive ENERGIZE by Tara Stiles
retreat with famed yoga teacher to the stars. It is the only one of its kind as the resort offers this ongoing
retreat with her trained Strala “guides” that are permanently at the property. The retreat features: personal consultation to evaluate each guest’s personal goals including key body measurements and a welcome package, two daily Strala yoga sessions created by renowned yoga rebel, Tara Stiles, nature escapes from Bioluminescent
Bay kayaking to horseback riding on the beach, made-to-order spa treatments at AWAY Spa and healthy meals and cooking classes inspired by Stiles’ new cookbook.
- Coffee Lover’s Retreat:Costa Rica Marriott San Jose, a colonial hacienda set on a 30-acre coffee plantation, recently launched a Coffee Lover’s Retreat, a new experience including a 50-minute coffee scrub at the property’s signature Kuö Spa, a “Marriott Blend” bag of Costa Rican coffee and a two-for-one discount for a tour of the nearby Café Britt Coffee plantation.
- XOJET: XOJET, North America’s fastest growing private aviation company, is also the first private jet company to offer fixed prices for popular private flights from the continental United States to the Caribbean and selected destinations in Central America. Flight routes from Northeastern cities like New York, Boston, and Philadelphia to the likes of Turks and Caicos, USVI, Cayman Islands, Antigua and more with start around $22,000. www.xojet.com
- Rescued Horses in the BVI: Biras Creek Resort recently launched an interactive horse program to provide guests with a fun and memorable learning experience, while giving rescued Paso Fino horses an active and fulfilling second chance at life. Guests are welcome to visit and groom the horses at any time during their stay at the resort. They can also enroll in one of the following three classes for further interaction with these rehabilitated animals: Empowerment Experience, Natural Horsemanship Class and a Couples Retreat Class
- Hilltop Restaurant Updates at Biras Creek Resort: Chef Jermain “Brother” Abrams is the newly appointed head chef of Hilltop Restaurant and Bar at Biras Creek Resort in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. The property's restaurant, named one of the “35 Best Island Resorts for Food” by Condé Nast Traveler magazine in 2013, is launching a different menu for visitors at Biras Creek. Guests of the award-winning luxury resort who prefer an elegant four-course or a la carte menu can order from The Castle Menu and those who prefer a more casual culinary experience can order from brand new Hilltop Bar & Lounge Menu with more options.
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Updates: The property recently unveiled an upcoming app launch across all mobile platforms tied to a multi-million dollar room renovation that bring touches of Old San Juan to the 500 acre property while delivering an exotic passport free oasis. The lush resort also recently partnered with Rico Sun Tours, an iconic Puerto Rican excursion company, to provide a slew of thrilling adventures to travelers such as a spelunking (cave exploring), catamaran and snorkeling jaunt, ATV El Yunque rainforest excursion or the zip line experience. www.wyndhamriomar.com
- Kitchen Tour at Sandos Playacar: Beginning in fall 2014, Sandos Playacar Beach Experience Resort is opening up its kitchens to guests who want a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to feed up to 2,500 guests a day. This new Kitchen Tour provides visitors a sneak peek at the hotel’s extensive culinary facilities and food preparation areas. From room service and snacks to sushi dinners and bountiful buffets, Sandos Playacar’s Kitchen Tour brings guests into the “Heart of the House” and demonstrates how hospitality is done right at this all-inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen.
- Art at Altamer: Altamer, a luxury boutique resort composed of three towering villas, is located in Anguilla’s Shoal Bay West. Recognized for its oceanfront views and unusual geometric aesthetic, the resort’s three four-bedroom villas including the Russian Amethyst, Brazilian Emerald, and African Sapphire, have a spacious layout and can accommodate up to 30 guests. The Russian Amethyst villa was recently upgraded with artwork from the private collection of its news ownership, New York City-based developer, Time Equities.
- AlSol Hotels & Resorts’ Fourth Property: The rapidly growing hotel resort operator and manager based in Cancun with several properties in Cap Cana, Dominican Republic, will be opening its fourth property – and first from the ground up – in February 2015, Alsol Tiara Cap Cana. The operator’s flagship, Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol will also be reopening on Dec. 15 following an $8 million renovation. www.alsolresorts.com
- Puerto Rico’s first Retail Therapist: The Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino has launched Puerto Rico’s first “Retail Therapist,” a new position catering to discerning guests’ shopping needs as San Juan increases its retail options for travelers. Marked by the upcoming debut of The Mall of San Juan (featuring luxury retailers such as Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue) as well as the increasingly popular historic shops on the cobblestone alleys of Old San Juan, the Retail Therapist will offer local shopping insights for guests such as the following: customizable itineraries through San Juan’s most popular shopping districts, takeaway shopping maps designed by the Retail Therapist, curated lists of artisanal markets and insider shopping tips.
- Spanish Lessons in Costa Rica: Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is offering families affordable and educational escapes to Costa Rica. Parents seeking unique, valuable learning gifts, can travel to Costa Rica and gift their children Spanish lessons.
- Coconut Plantation Eco Tourism: The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico is an inspiring destination located at the foot of El Yunque National Rainforest embracing 483 acres of nature reserve repurposed from a former coconut plantation. The hotel boasts sustainable luxuries spearheaded by the on-site marine biologist at its Nature Center. Guests can learn about the property’s bird sanctuary (habitat to the endangered Puerto Rican parrot), explore the Tree Planting Program’s network of indigenous vegetation, and visit the Plant Nursery where its herbs are sourced. Most popular is the chance to “guardian” the Leatherback Turtles nesting on the property’s shore. Guests are called (at any time of day) to protect the turtles as they hatch on Bahia Beach.