This vintage Newport mansion has partnered with Discover Newport and other local businesses in Newport to offer guests a host of exciting activities for Global Wellness Day. From complimentary sunrise yoga and special spa services embracing each of the senses, to wellness workshops and specially curated healthy food menus, the Vanderbilt Grace has a wellness activity for everyone in the family to enjoy. The day will end with a rooftop midnight yoga class, allowing guests to honor the day and a connect with nature.
Eden Roc at Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
In celebration of Global Wellness Day, from June 15 – October 31, 2016, those seeking revitalization can enjoy an exclusive and impeccable retreat to Eden Roc at Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic. The five-star Relais & Chateaux property's Vitality Package includes daily yoga, a healthy cooking class, 50-minute Lymphatic Drainage Massage with bottle of Champagne, as well as access to the Eden Roc Beach Club, half-board meal plan, luxury accommodations and round-trip airport transportation. Rates start at $955/night, minimum four-night stay required.
Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, Scottsdale, AZ
In honor of Global Wellness Day on June 11, the award-winning Sanctuary Spa at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain will host a series of complimentary wellness-oriented classes and presentations to remind its guests of the importance of living well daily. From 2-5 p.m., resort guests can head to Sanctuary Spa for an afternoon of activities designed to enrich one's overall wellbeing and to encourage the active process of becoming aware of and making choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life. Classes will range from Foam Roller Stretching to the Importance of Body Stabilization and Meditation. Healthy snacks and smoothies will also be available.
Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, MX
The first true fitness resort and spa in North America for 75 years, Rancho La Puerta, welcomes guests to its 3,000 private acres of gardens, mountains and meadows with an approach to wellness that strikes a true mind, body and spirit balance. For Global Wellness Day, Rancho La Puerta has teamed up with the city of Tecate and its Mayor as well as Ranch employees for a half day event on June 11 from 8 a.m. - noon that includes a 5K race, 7K bike ride and 2.5K family walk around Tecate in different streets, ending in a local park where there will be a health fair with local restaurants, hospitals and gyms that will focus on giving fitness classes, lectures, juice bars and whole food stands to educate and test for chronic diseases. On-property, Rancho La Puerta is offering Global Wellness Day activities for guests and will be providing special t-shirts for them as well. To top it off, about 30 miles north in San Diego's Imperial Beach, Mayor Serge Dedina, will be celebrating Global Wellness Day, creating a binational event and great awareness for this profound day with two big city events.
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, Montauk, NY
To further their commitment to wellness Gurney's Montauk in partnership with Wellthily, is celebrating Global Wellness Day this year with an event for Hamptons Wellness Week with One Healthy Hamptons. The event will include fitness classes (like live DJ yoga), a panel discussion on "How to have a Healthy Summer in the Hamptons" with local leaders, wellness activations and more! Guests can sign up at wellthily.com/gurneysmontauk.
Awili Spa and Salon at Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort, Maui, HI
Situated on Maui's premier southwestern coastline along Mokapu Beach, the 14,000 square-foot full service Awili Spa and Salon at Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort features 10 treatment rooms that include private rain showers, floor-to-ceiling ocean views as well as a private tranquility pool, men's and women's relaxation and locker rooms complete with sauna, steam room and a heated plunge pool. At the heart of the spa is the Apothecary Spa Lounge, which is a unique apothecary-style spin on the traditional Japanese omakase experience. With the help of the spa's Apothecary Consultants, guests can learn the healing properties and benefits of each oil, tincture and serum as well as fragrances and essential oils to custom blend spa products for treatments or to take home. Among the selection are locally sourced and destination-inspired ingredients such as Kava Kava, plantain, hibiscus, sugar, coffee berry, plumeria and maitake mushroom.
To celebrate Global Wellness Day on June 11, Awili Spa will offer a 2 oz. apothecary made body scrub to guests who book a 60 minute (or more) treatment that day.
The Mayflower Grace, Washington, CT
The Mayflower Grace is an exquisite country retreat nestled in 58 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and woodland in Washington, CT. The Mayflower Grace is renowned as one of northeast America's most distinguished luxury hideaways, offering the perfect accommodation for those seeking a peaceful rejuvenation. On Global Wellness Day, guests at this Relais & Chateaux property are invited to begin the day outdoors on a peaceful note with Forest Bathing to connect with nature. In the afternoon, a Sound Healing Session will help guests enter into a meditative state, creating a deep sense of well-being, and therefore promoting optimal health. The day will end with a mellow Native American Walk at Macricostas Natural Preserve.
The White Barn Inn, Kennebunkport, ME
Global Wellness Day at this charming inn begins at sunrise with a therapeutic yoga session by the garden. Once zen, guests are welcome to use one of the property's complimentary bicycles for a self-guided tour to explore the beauty of the Kennebunks or can relax poolside, where a healthy lunch can be enjoyed. Complimentary spa therapies and skin care consultations will be offered in the Spa during the afternoon and the day will close with a poolside sunset guided meditation to promote healing and balance.
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, in partnership with the Hotel's on-site wellness center California Health & Longevity Institute, invites guests to experience wellness in unique and interactive ways through a schedule of inspiring events throughout the day. Global Wellness Day at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village launches with celebrity yogi and NFL star Keith Mitchell. Mitchell, recently featured in People magazine, turned to yoga and meditation following the abrupt departure from the NFL and teaches his methods of healing and self-discovery through practicing yoga and mindfulness.
For more information or to book the above Wellness Center offerings at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, please visit the fourseasons.com/westlakevillage/wellness or call (818)575-3000.
- Art Therapy Classes: A colonial hacienda set on a 30-acre coffee plantation, Costa Rica Marriott San Jose invites guests to network and decompress over art therapy coloring classes, while indulging in local coffee and authentic treats.
- Spiritual Reiki: At the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach guests can embark on a spiritual retreat with a Reiki cleansing spa treatment, the Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation, within the $8 million dollar facility. Following the treatment, guests can enjoy the private adult-only pool with an underwater sound system streaming relaxing melodies.
- Waterfront Painting: The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village is partnered with eclectic local artist Leoma Lovegrove, who offers on-site group painting classes on the resort's event lawn. Guests free their minds and channel inner creativity as they relax painting along the water with a quiet breeze and a calming view of the Gulf of Mexico, Caloosahatchee River and San Carlos Bay.
- Meditation Kayaking: Sitting on the largest private beach in Key West, guests staying at the historic Casa Marina can partake in a backcountry kayak tour for a wellness reboot. The tranquil and guided tour glides along a winding mangrove trail on the backside of the island where guests enjoy views of sharks, rays, and the jellyfish garden.
- Sun Safety Bracelet: Located eight miles off the coast of Puerto Rico, W Retreat & Spa, Vieques Island is partnering with Netatmo June, a luxury beauty bracelet that measures UV rays and monitors sun exposure in real time, sending alerts like how much sunscreen to put on and when it's time to
- Wellness On the Go: Home to the largest fitness center in New Orleans and the area's only indoor tennis court, the Hilton New Orleans Riverside's 100,000 sq. ft. health club offers a multitude of group exercises like spinning and pilates, tennis lessons and personal training for wellness on-the-go.
- Bike Riverfront Trails: With 72 miles of uninterrupted trails, Trailhead Clearfork in Fort Worth, TX is a premier destination for health and fitness enthusiasts of all ages and fitness levels. The ranch and development has easy access to new waterfront dining and Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop for easy tune ups.
- Lawn Games: The new Hilton West Palm Beach offers outdoor fitness boot camp classes led by the general manager to the beat of music designed by the onsite music curator. To decompress, the hotel offers glow-in-the-dark lawn games such as the bocce ball, bean bag toss and ladder golf.
- FutGolf: Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and a 1,100-acre tropical rainforest, Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort invites guests to exercise while enjoying a leisurly game of FutGolf on its golf course comprised of five rainforest microclimates.
- HoopFit: Guests at Well & Being at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess can take in breathtaking views of the Scottsdale sky while they hula their way to healthy during HoopFit – a high-energy group fitness class combining cardiovascular and resistance training with light-up LED hoops for an outdoor workout.
- Wine + Bike: Offering an easy-to-moderate pace, VBT's ‘Tuscany by the Sea' bike tour allows travelers to create their own activity level while pedaling through the countryside, with the flexibility to stop and enjoy a glass of wine against a backdrop of rolling hills of Italy.
- African Safari: Country Walkers' Zimbabwe group safari lets travelers test their stamina by participating in canoe expeditions and hikes through the outstanding countryside, tracking elephants on foot and setting out on exhilarating bushwalks to spot giraffes and lions with experienced trackers.
Carillon Miami Beach
Home to the most expansive luxury spa in South Florida, The Spa at Carillon at Carillon Miami Beach is planning to offer a community-wide event focused on two of the manifestos of Global Wellness Day – walking for an hour and doing a good deed. The event will begin with sunrise meditation on the beach, followed by a one-hour beach walk led by one of the Fitness Center's world-class instructors. As the beach walk happens, everyone will be encouraged to pick up trash. This will be open to the community as well as hotel guests, Carillon residents and employees.
Solage Calistoga, Napa Valley
Located in serene Calistoga in the northern portion of Napa Valley, Spa Solage at Solage Calistoga is offering complimentary Global Wellness Day offerings to all travelers visiting on June 11. Guests can enjoy a Guided Awareness Meditation and Movement session with the resort's Dr. Tim Carl, or Aqua Yoga in the resort's geothermal mineral pool. There will also be a Workout Around the World class, Wellness Strategies for Everyday Living with a holistic health counselor and a Cleanse 101 seminar, teaching guests how cleanses work and how it may be helpful for you. In addition to these complimentary services, all wellness-related items in the Spa shop will be 20% off.
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita along with Four Seasons brand properties in more than 100 countries will celebrate Global Wellness Day on June 11. The beachfront resort located in Mexico's Riviera Nayarit will offer complimentary activities for guests including stand-up paddle boarding, yoga, fitness scavenger hunts, healthy cuisine and more led by fitness expert Shanti Tilling.
Highlights from Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita Global Wellness Day experiences include:
• Morning Punta Mita style triathlon and footgolf
• Standup paddle board (SUP) yoga
• Standup paddle board (SUP) relay
• Yoga on at the “Tail of the Whale” (hole 3B)
• Outdoor adventure and boxing boot camps
• Core and high intensity interval training
• “Ab-solute” spin
• Salsa dancing
• FIT scavenger hunt
• Healthy cooking classes and daily wellness cuisine, including grilled catch of the day and Asian Fitflavors menu
• Fresh-squeezed detox juice and refreshing organic smoothies
• Kids wellness programming including seashore walks, yoga, reflexology and meditation, beach volleyball and smoothies