YOTHA, the new digital yacht charter platform connecting owners, charterers and yachting professionals, has launched worldwide with a promise to bring trust and transparency to the yachting market. YOTHA’s digital technology will make yacht chartering faster, simpler and more straightforward and will become an invaluable tool for everyone involved in the industry.
The app offers a unique chartering experience, allowing customers to negotiate directly with the owner’s representative, book their trip online and then benefit from a free concierge service which helps them to create their own bespoke itinerary.
More than 150 of the world’s finest luxury yachts are available for charter on the platform, which has launched worldwide for the 2019 season after a beta version was successfully tested last summer. Hundreds more yachts from the global charter fleet will be added to the platform in the coming months.
YOTHA was founded by Philippe Bacou, who has owned and chartered luxury yachts for more than 15 years. Frustrated by his own experiences as an owner, he decided to create a unique digital platform that would enrich the charter experience, shaking up the market in the same way that Booking.com has revolutionised the hotel industry.
By making chartering easier, YOTHA will expand the market and attract a new generation of charterers. Its unique features include:
- A facility to negotiate the charter price online, supervised by a 24/7 customer care service
- Substantially reduced commissions - YOTHA takes an 8% commission if a yacht is booked directly through the platform, or 4% if the booking is made through a broker, compared to the standard industry commissions of 15% to the broker and an additional 5% to the central agent
- A simple, fair electronic charter contract balancing the interests of charterers, owners and professionals
- All financial transactions secured and guaranteed under the supervision of FINMA, the Swiss banking regulator
- Partnerships with luxury brands, including award-winning concierge service Quintessentially Switzerland, and leading yacht service providers
YOTHA will encourage more owners to charter their yachts because they will have greater flexibility, including shorter charters and more off-season deals. It will empower their captains, allowing them to connect with charterers through the YOTHA app in advance of their trip to plan the perfect itinerary whilst providing all their favourite food and drink on board.
Amongst the over 150 yachts currently registered for charter on the online platform are some of the best-known super yachts in the global fleet, including the 90m Lauren L, the award-winning 50m Vertige and the 55m Mustique. Smaller motor yachts and sailing boats are also available on the platform. Yachts are available for the end of the Winter season in the Caribbean and the upcoming Summer season in the Mediterranean.
To find out more about YOTHA: www.yotha.com