Rooms & Suites: 70
Located along the intimate crescent of Maundays Bay on the exclusive British West Indies island of Anguilla, Belmond Cap Juluca is a world-class resort set in luxury 179-acres, known for its white pristine beaches, gentle tropical winds and sparkling turquoise waters.
It features 96 handsomely appointed beachfront guestrooms, suites and villas; a wide array of water sports activities including a 1,800 square-foot fresh water pool; four dining and drinking venues including Pimms featuring fresh seafood fare; two tennis courts and a Tennis Centre; access to a nearby championship golf course designed by Greg Norman; a professional Wedding Team; a fitness centre and the Main House, which is the social hub of the property.
Read Luxury Travel Magazine article: 13 Heavenly Honeymoon Hideaways for 2013
#1 Resort in Anguilla - U.S. News & World Report 2013
Gold List - Condé Nast Traveler 2013
Top 10 Caribbean Resorts - GAYOT.com 2013
#3 Top Resort in The Caribbean for Honeymoons - Brides; 2012
Most Romantic Hideaway - Condé Nast Johansens 2012
#5 Top Spa in The Caribbean - Condé Nast Traveler 2012
Readers' Choice Top 20 Beach Resorts - Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report 2012
World's Top 20 Sexiest Beaches - The Travel Channel
Golf Getaway, Romantic Getaway, Spa & Wellness, Villas, Wedding
• The completely new 3,290-square-foot Jonquil Suite offers two master bedrooms, a central spacious sitting room, full-service kitchen, an oceanfront dining terrace and a private, freshwater infinity pool and Jacuzzi.
• Spice Moroccan Lounge is reminiscent of a posh festive Moroccan setting offering live evening entertainment, dancing, a tapas menu and an exotic cocktail selection. Overlooking Maundays Bay, it's the perfect place to meet friends and while away a wonderful evening.
• The resort's charismatic Director of Activities is former star cricketer, Cardigan 'Cardi' Connor.
• Cap Juluca is closed during hurricane season from the last week in August until the end of October.
• Average annual temperature in this warm tropical climate is 80.6° F.
Oceanfront Private Pool Villa
Oceanfront Private Pool Suite
Oceanfront One or Two Bedroom Suite
Oceanfront Junior Suite
Oceanfront Premium Room
Oceanfront Luxury Room
Oceanfront Superior Room
Guestroom amenities include:
• Complimentary continental breakfast in Blue restaurant
• Complimentary morning coffee in Maundays
• Complimentary afternoon tea service in Maundays
• Sony Bravia 40” LCD Flat panel TV with cable
• Sony CD/DVD player
• Bose Wave Music System with iPod docking stations
• Complimentary wireless internet
• Frette linens
• BVLGARI bath amenities
• Private ocean view terraces
• Two bathrobes
• Air conditioning
• Ceiling fan
• Marble bathroom
• Separate shower
• Room service available from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Mini-bar/refrigerator stocked with a wide array of beverages and gourmet snacks, including complimentary Fiji water, which is replenished throughout entire stay.
Cap Juluca features extras to ensure each guest experience is totally relaxing, comfortable and fulfilling. These services and amenities include:
• Solar-powered golf carts for on-property transportation
• Two retail boutiques on-property: Cap J sells casual clothing, sundries, gifts, local art work, souvenirs and snacks and drinks, and Zemi is a luxury designer fashion and jewelry boutique for women and men
• Seasonally offered activity program for children
• Picnic lunches may be arranged
• Rental cars and jeeps available
• The Library in the Main House has 2,000 book selections
• Complete selection of DVDs is available
• Worldwide newspaper selection
• Private screening room
• Ferry service from Anguilla to Marigot in St. Maarten
• Business services
• Laundry and dry cleaning services
Touted as having one of the best beaches in the Caribbean, Cap Juluca is ideally situated to offer a varied menu of watersports options as well as other extraordinary outdoor pursuits. Director of Activities Cardigan Connor, former English first-class cricketer and native Anguillan, is highly credentialed to oversee the resort's sports, fitness and recreational programs.
Beach services and amenities are the pride of the resort's famous white-sand, turquoise water beach. These include: custom-designed chaise lounges with extra-large umbrellas; chaise-side beverage and meal service; complimentary chilled towels and sorbet; complimentary ice cold bottled water; and five cabana bars along the beach. Beach fitness classes are also offered.
Complimentary water sports include: swimming in the Caribbean or in the 1,800-square-foot pool, scuba diving excursions, water skiing on Maundays Bay, wake boarding, sea kayaking, windsurfing, paddle boarding, Sunfish and Hobie Cat catamaran sailing. Access to a 32-foot boat for snorkeling, sunset and island cruises and private boat excursions may be arranged.
Guests are welcome at the nearby championship 7,063-yard Greg Norman-designed golf course. The resort's Tennis Centre offers weekly tennis clinics and has a tennis pro and pro shop. In the Wellness Centre, there's a well-equipped cardio fitness room, weight room and private personal training opportunities. Also, guests may take bocce, croquet, yoga, cardio sculpting, Pilates and Caribbean dance lessons. In addition, there is an herb garden walking trail, a 2.6-mile jogging loop along Maundays Bay and Cove Bay Beaches and bike rentals. Horseback riding may be arranged and bicycle tours of Anguilla are available.
Spa treatments by the resort's professional staff to be enjoyed in guest rooms and villas or on the beach, including Swedish and sports massages and foot reflexology.
If romance were a destination, it would look very similar to Cap Juluca – an intimate bay of crystal water, sparkling beaches, a tropical garden bursting with color – all conducive to the perfect setting for a wedding and/or honeymoon. The resort offers four wedding packages: The Cap Juluca Wedding; Maundays Bay Matrimony; Barefoot Beach Bliss; and Renew, Rekindle and Reconnect.
These excursions can be arranged:
• History and culture of Anguilla talks
• Day trips to St. Maarten, Nevis and St. Barts
• Special tours: Museum Tour, Salt Water Pond Tour, Caves & Trail Tour, Art Galleries Tour, Guided Island Bike Tour
Anguilla-Clayton Lloyd International Airport (AXA)
November through April
Commercial airlines fly direct to St. Maarten with a short boat ride to Anguilla (30-40 minutes).
Air charter service is available from Anguilla Air Express and Trans Anguilla Airways.