Rooms & Suites: 3 Rooms & Suites
In the heart of the Madikwe Game Reserve, Morukuru Family's trio of boutique-chic, exclusive villas are the perfect pick for small groups seeking a tailor-made bush adventure.
Morukuru Lodge, Owner's House and Farm House.
• Each villa has its own safari vehicle with a ranger and tracker on hand to accompany you on game drives at any time. There is no fixed schedule and service is exceptional.
• Take a refreshing dip in your private pool between your morning bush walk and a sundowner safari.
• Recount the day's adventures around a fire in the boma after sunset.
• Personal chefs prepare meals to individual tastes and special dietary needs.
• Choose from ranger-led bush walks or traditional jeep safaris.
• Sunrise and sunset are the best times for seeing animals on game drives.
• Moist towels and refreshing drinks welcome you back from exciting safaris.
• Children must be 16 years old to participate in bush walks, but kids of all ages can go on game drives.
• Check with your doctor before your trip about vaccines.
• Travel insurance is required.
• If you are a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you will need a passport that has at least one blank page and is valid for 6 months after the completion of your trip.
Outdoor Swimming Pool; Spa Services.
The Madikwe Game Reserve is situated in an area abundant with game and wildlife as well as a myriad of bird species, where you can expect to see the Top Ten including Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos, Buffalos, Hippos, Hyenas, Giraffes, Wild Dogs and Cheetah. Your personal game ranger will ensure your game viewing experience is a truly memorable one.
Gaborone-Sir Seretse Khama International Airport (GBE)
February, March, April, October, November
Transfers from/to Gaborone, Botswana (GBE), which is a 60 minute drive, are complimentary and can be arranged through the Morukuru reservations department. Alternatively, from Johannesburg (JNB), guests will meet an airport assistant who will escort them through customs and baggage claim to their charter plane. Travelers will then board a 45-minute charter flight on Morukuru Air that costs approximately $525 per person, each way, in high season (Feb. 2–May 8, Oct. 1–Nov. 30, Dec. 19–Jan. 14) and $350 per person, each way, in low season (Jan. 15–Jan. 31, May 9–Sept. 30, Dec. 1–Dec. 18). To make transfer arrangements with Morukuru Air, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Alternatively, 3.5-hour ground transfers from JNB are available through the Morukuru reservations department. Please contact the property directly for a price quote.