Rooms & Suites: 51
Primland is a pristine Blue Ridge Mountain resort offering 12,000 acres of space, sky and shifting moods. Eco-conscious and thoughtfully developed, Primland is the ultimate getaway for world-class golf, refined dining, and outdoor activities in an environment of rare natural beauty.
• Conde Nast Gold List 2017
• TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
• Ranked #13 in Golf Digest’s ratings of the ‘Top 100 Public Courses in America’, also making it #1 in Virginia.
• Named one of the ‘Best Courses to Play’ by Golfweek in 2015
Adventure/Eco/Nature, Business Meeting, Family Vacation, Golf Getaway, Romantic Getaway, Spa & Wellness, Wedding
• The Lodge at Primland - A refined lodging experience. 26 guestrooms and suites, each with a distinctive floor plan.
• The Fairway Cottages - Three unique cottages offer elegant and comfortable lodging for groups of 1 to 4 guests.
• Pinnacle Cottages - 16 rooms – combo of suites and rooms – large living room and balconies.
• Mountain Homes - 12 comfortable and charming cabins, each accommodating groups of 3 to 7 guests.
• The Golden Eagle Tree House - An intimate treetop experience with inspiring
views across the Dan River Gorge. Spacious studio floor plan with king bed.
elements - The Lodge’s refined dining room features seasonal, farm-fresh menus.
Stables Saloon - Relaxed Southern dining in Primland’s original dining facility, built atop the old stables.
19th Pub - A casual pub menu and a bar well-stocked with draught beers, single malts, moonshine, and favorite cocktails.
• Off Road Adventures - Enjoy panoramic views and unique perspectives of the Primland property on a guided tour over trails created especially for RTV riding.
• Fly Fishing - Escape for a half day or full day of guided fly-fishing on the rugged and remote 6-mile stretch of the scenic Dan River that lies adjacent to Primland.
• Golf - World-renowned course architect Donald Steel designed the Highland Course at Primland with both pleasure and challenge in mind.
• Horseback Riding - Set off on a trail ride with an experienced equestrian guide to explore the twists and turns of the Primland property at your own leisurely pace.
• Kayaking & Paddle boarding - Take a guided trip on the scenic Talbott Resevoir.
• Mountain and Road Biking - Primland’s extensive mountain biking trails suit the skills of beginners and experts alike. Cannondale and SCOTT 21-speed bikes available for rental.
• Nature Walks - Whether you're up for a short walk or a challenging trek, you'll find fascinating views and close encounters with nature on Blue Ridge Mountain trails.
• Hunting - Join wilderness guides for fair chase deer hunting in the fall and wild turkey hunting in the spring.
• Wingshooting - Primland is an Orvis-endorsed wingshooting lodge and a Virginia-licensed wingshooting preserve offering fully guided expeditions for pheasant, quail or chukar.
• Sporting clays - Test your target shooting skills through a 50-shot or 100-shot round on the sporting clays course, rated among the top 25 in the nation by Esquire magazine.
• Stargazing - Primland's altitude and dark night sky provide the ideal setting for stargazing, including glimpses of the heavens from the Celestron CGE Pro 1400 series telescope in the Observatory Dome.
The Spa at Primland offers specialized treatments and wellness activities for women, men, couples, teens and children.
• Soothing massages
• Rejuvenating body treatments
• Nurturing facials
• Yoga and Pilates
• Fitness program
Primland is the ideal place to celebrate all the special occasions of a lifetime. Whether it's an anniversary, a milestone birthday or a reunion with family, classmates or friends, Primland makes planning the special moment or occasions easy.
For more information about events at Primland, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276-222-3800.
While you may not want to leave Primland, the property is surrounded by enchanting Blue Ridge Mountain attractions and numerous Patrick County towns well worth exploring. From the quaint shops of Meadows of Dan to the historic Mabry Mill, from Fairy Stone State Park to the stunning views of the Blue Ridge Parkway, from local wineries to an abundance of bluegrass and country music festivals, there is much to see and do on a day trip outside the gates of Primland.
Helipad located at the North Gate at Primland, call for more information and for Coordinates’, 866.960.7746.
Commercial airports serving the Meadows of Dan, Virginia area:
• Charlotte Douglas Airport, Charlotte, NC - 150 minutes
• Piedmont Triad Airport, Greensboro, NC - 90 minutes
• Roanoke Regional Airport, Roanoke, VA - 90 minutes
Primland offers NetJets as their exclusive private aviation partner, providing you with special benefits when you fly privately.
Blue Ridge Airport, Martinsville, VA - 45 minutes
Mt. Airy-Surry County Airport, Mt. Airy, NC - 45 minutes