Rooms & Suites: 540
One of America's legendary resort destinations, this 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel was founded in 1896, and resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach.
Renowned for its gracious service, the modern classic resort indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. The Breakers' timeless atmosphere – from its magnificent interiors to its artfully designed landscape -- has been renewed in a style of relaxed elegance. Thanks to the dedication of its longstanding family ownership (descendants of founder Henry Flagler), the iconic resort continues to thrive independent of chain affiliation, re-investing a minimum of $30 million each year in capital improvements and ongoing revitalization. This extraordinary commitment balances preservation and modernization, continuously introducing and transforming amenities to bolster its contemporary appeal, such as the October 2015 debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. The Breakers features 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a new luxury spa; a breathtaking oceanfront with a half-mile of private beach, Mediterranean-style beach club, as well as poolside bungalows for daytime-rental, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas and a variety of water sports; a Family Entertainment Center and an extensive program of family and children's activities. Nine restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated, including HMF, the resort's destination for social drinking and eating and the transformed Flagler Steakhouse; as well as an array of on-site boutiques, are all owned and managed by the resort. The Breakers is recognized as a AAA Five Diamond property and has earned numerous accolades for its extraordinary social responsibility to the environment, the community and its team member quality of life and satisfaction.
Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts
Read Luxury Travel Magazine article: The Palm Beaches: The Best Way to Experience Florida
Read Forbes review: The Breakers And A Benz In Palm Beach
Read Frommer's review: Breakers Palm Beach Review
Read New York Times article: 36 Hours in Palm Beach
AAA 5 Diamond Award, Conde Nast Gold List, Forbes 5 Star Award, Travel+Leisure World's Best, Wine Spectator Award, Recommended by Luxury Travel Magazine
Business Meeting, Family Vacation, Romantic Getaway, Spa & Wellness, Wedding
• Just completed a $250 million revitalization at the end of 2011. The resort is immaculate.
• Still owned and operated by the family of the original owner, American tycoon and founder of Palm Beach, Henry Flagler.
• An iconic American resort, The Breakers is a one-of-a-kind destination for world-class weddings and social events with a palatial atmosphere.
• Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
• The Main lobby is a marvel, inspired by the Great Hall of the Italian Renaissance Palazzo Carega (circa 1560) in Genoa.
• A staff of 1,600-1,800 (depending on season) speaking about 50 languages. The experienced, friendly staff make you feel at home and like family from the moment you arrive.
• An arcade of 11 stylish boutiques including "Match" - their brand new ultimate shoe salon. It was busy every time we walked by. more information
• The Mediterranean-style Beach Club is amazing with 5 oceanfront pools!
• Sunday Brunch in The Circle: A magnificent circular room with an intricate, hand-painted ceiling complemented by splendid ocean views. Also, an amazing venue for wedding receptions.
• Echo - The Breakers' off-site Asian restaurant in town with chic ambiance. A resort shuttle gets you there in 2 minutes.
• Spectacular 16th century Flemish tapestries adorn the lobby, Tapestry Bar and other public spaces.
• So many leisure facilities that you could spend the whole winter here and not run out of things to do.
• The award-winning Spa at The Breakers is a 20,000-square-foot indoor/outdoor space with Mediterranean ambiance.
• Really, everything about The Breakers is superlative, so this list could be endless.
• The resort is the epitome of relaxed elegance. None of the restaurants require jacket and tie.
• All diets can be catered for - Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, etc. - just ask the chef.
• We loved their menu of fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juices. Our favorite - Kale, spinach & cucumber.
• Due to its close proximity to the Gulfstream, Palm Beach enjoys a sub-tropical climate noted for year-round breezes and moderate temperatures ranging from 75-85 degrees.
• The Seafood Bar has oceanfront views (rare for Palm Beach restaurants) and a bar that is a glass fish aquarium.
• Best rooms to book are oceanfront with balconies.
• Evenings in the lobby offer fabulous people watching -- you might just see some iconic faces of Palm Beach.
The Spa at the Breakers is recognized as one of the top 25 spas in North America. Amenities include a private oceanfront sanctuary for outdoor treatments, yoga lawn, lap pool, oceanfront whirlpool spa, 17 private treatment rooms for a variety of massages, body wraps, scrubs, and Guerlain and Tammy Fender skin care treatments and ladies' and men's locker rooms with steam and sauna.
Schedule your next meeting at The Breakers Palm Beach. While known for its alluring and multifaceted venues: majestic ballrooms, elegant board rooms, breathtaking outdoor event space and prized oceanfront location - The Breakers Palm Beach is unique among meetings and incentives destinations for its most valuable asset: the resort's team of sales and conference services specialists. With a remarkable average tenure of 13 years, the staff is as seasoned as they are intuitive. more information
Whether you want a destination wedding for 500 or an intimate beachside ceremony for 50 guests, The Breakers wedding professionals will personally attend to every detail. more information
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
7 miles/12-15 minutes
November through April